Father's Apprehension by Batman
- "It's over, Deadshot. I don't want to do this in front of your daughter."
- ―Batman to Zoe's father[src]
While shopping with her father in December 2013, Zoe confronted him with the truth that her mother had informed her of him being a killer. While Floyd denied the accusation, Batman arrived to apprehend him. During the struggle, her father pulled a gun and prepared to shoot the Dark Knight, but Zoe stood directly between her father and Batman to stop the altercation from any further escalation, and to talk her father into surrender. Ultimately, her attempt was successful as Floyd Lawton was handcuffed by Batman with no further resistance. As squad cars pulled up, and GCPD officers arrived on the scene to take Deadshot into custody, Zoe embraced her father one last time. While her father was imprisoned at the Belle Reve Federal Penitentiary in Louisiana, she wrote to him everyday. However, the letters were withheld from Floyd when they were delivered to him.
First Supervised Visit
- "I gotta go."
Are you coming back?"
Yeah, I'm working it out, alright? I promised my friends that I would just go without killing them all."
- ―Zoe and her father[src]
After her father killed the Enchantress with help from the other members of Task Force X and saved Midway City and the planet, Zoe received a supervised visit from her father and Rick Flag, as Floyd tutored Zoe with her math homework. When the supervision was over, Zoe asks her father if they would ever see each other again, to which her father replied that he would work on it.
- "Daddy, I know you do bad things. Don't worry. I still love you."
- ―Zoe to her father[src]Zoe is aware of her father Deadshot's amoral actions, but she still loves and accepts him, even making marksmanship analogies while solving geometry problems in order to show her father support. Zoe is also quite smart and studious, as she is known for being an honors student.
- According to Amanda Waller, Zoe is an honors student.