Joining the Green Lantern Corps
Invasion of Earth and Death
When General Steppenwolf of Apokolips attempted to invade Earth, Gur arrived to aid the humans, Amazons, and Atlanteans in driving back hordes of Parademons. As the battle commenced, Gur rose into the air, manifesting a gigantic warhammer from his ring's energy as he dove into the incoming Parademons. As the battle drew the attention of the Olympians, who descended from their realm to help, Gur was knocked down and impaled by Steppenwolf's Electro Axe. Mere moments after his death, his Green Lantern Ring flew from his hand and back into space.
Powers and Abilities
- Green Ring-Bearer: As a Green Lantern, Yalan Gur was able to create green, hard-light constructs to use as weapons against enemies such as Steppenwolf and his Parademons during their invasion of Earth.
- Construct Generation: Utilizing his Power Ring, Gur was able to manifest weapons out of green-hued energy harnessed from his willpower. As such, Gur was able to create a gigantic hammer to take out hordes of Parademons.
- Flight: With the ring, Yalan Gur was able to fly throughout space sectors and within planetary atmospheres. During the Invasion of Earth, Gur flew into the army of Parademons during the attack, casting a green aura around himself.
- Skilled Combatant: Yalan Gur was a highly skilled combatant, able to swiftly take down numerous Parademons and briefly engage with Steppenwolf himself.
- Indomitable Will: As a Green Lantern, Yalan Gur possessed tremendous willpower, with him notably being able to swiftly construct a gigantic green-hued hammer harnessed solely from his willpower, leading him to successfully wipe out hordes of Parademons with mighty swings.
- Power Ring: As a Green Lantern, Yalan Gur possessed a ring that allowed him to create constructs out of green-hued energy harnessed from his willpower.
Behind the Scenes
- In DC Comics, Yalan Gur was the first Green Lantern of Sector 2814, and one of the greatest Green Lanterns of the corps - so much so that the Guardians chose to remove the weakness of the color yellow from his ring - until he eventually became corrupted by his own power before merging with his Power Battery. This led to the creation of the Starheart.