The Loop (Movies)
Do you like this video?
- The film is the first theatrically released movie to be based on Wonder Woman.
- Before joining the cast as Steve Trevor, Chris Pine was rumored to be considered for the role of Hal Jordan in 2020's Green Lantern Corps.
- Chronologycally, Wonder Woman is the first film to take place in the DC Extended Universe, a hundred years before Man of Steel.
- Florence Kasumba, who played Acantha also appeared in Captain America: Civil War, making her one of the few actors to appear in both the Marvel Cinematic Universe and DC Extended Universe.
- Samantha Jo, who played Euboea also played Car-Vex in Man of Steel.
- Wonder Woman not only became a critical success with fans and audiences for its musical score, acting, and action sequences but it also broke box office records which included: highest-grossing superhero movie origin story, highest-grossing female-directed movie, and the biggest domestic opening for a female-directed movie, it also is the fifth highest-grossing superhero movie in the United States, the 20th highest-grossing film in the U.S., and the seventh highest-grossing film of 2017.
References to the DC Extended Universe
- The DCEU/live-action debuts of Steve Trevor, Hippolyta, Antiope, Ares, Doctor Poison, and Etta Candy. Diana's homeland Themyscira also appears for the first time in live-action.
- The film takes place after the events of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice with Diana Prince receiving a email from Bruce Wayne in the beginning of the film. Diana's photo of Steve Trevor was featured from said film.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.