The armor consists of a red leather bodice, topped by a golden eagle, connected to a blue leather skirt, seemingly held together by a golden belt that resembles a 'W'. In addition to this main piece, the armor also seems to have a set of matching boots, consisting of adjustable greaves, as well as a matching armband which resembles the shape of the 'W' belt.
While wearing it, Diana also usually uses two other important pieces of Amazonian battle gear - her Bracelets of Submission and the Lasso of Hestia - as well as various Amazonian or Ancient Greek swords and shields, such as the God Killer. In addition to these, she also dons the tiara of her late aunt, Antiope.
Prior to Diana's departure to Man's World, the armor was held in the armory on Themyscira, alongside other Amazonian treasures such as the "God Killer" sword and the Lasso of Hestia, suggesting its importance.
Diana first donned the armor right before leaving Themyscira with Steve Trevor to stop World War I. While initially breaking into the armory to retrieve the God Killer and Lasso of Hestia, she noticed the set of armor and took it for her journey as well. Diana wore the armor throughout her first venture into Man's World, and ultimately during her final confrontation with Ares.
Since her entrance into Man's World, Diana has used the armor continuously throughout her heroics, including during the fight against Doomsday in Metropolis with Superman and Batman, and the second half of the Battle for Earth.
- The armor itself appeared bright red and blue during World War I and in 1984.
- By the time of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, after years of battle Red and Blue colour of the armour had faded.
- In Wonder Woman: The Art and Making of the Film, costume designer Lindy Hemming said that the production team took the eagle motif from Diana's armor and applied it to Hippolyta's armor to become a symbol representing the Amazonian queen. Additionally, Hemming speculated that "[W]e don't know how old Wonder Woman's armor is. It could be a few thousand years old".
- Lindy Hemming also revealed that the costume team for Wonder Woman only redesigned one thing about the armor from its earlier appearance in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - its boots - to make them easier to move around in during shooting.
- Heinberg, Allan, Snyder, Zack, Fuchs, Jason (writers) & Jenkins, Patty (director) (June 22, 2017). Wonder Woman.
- Goyer, David S., Terrio, Chris (writers) & Snyder, Zack (director) (March 25, 2016). Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
- Terrio, Chris, Whedon, Joss (writers) & Snyder, Zack (director) (November 17, 2017). Justice League.
- Gosling, Sharon. Wonder Woman: The Art and Making of the Film, 59. May, 2017.
- Gosling. Wonder Woman: The Art and Making of the Film, 75.
|Individuals||Hippolyta (queen) | Diana | Antiope † | Menalippe | Venelia † | Phillipus | Acantha | Orana † | Timandra | Artemis | Aella | Penthesilea † | Egeria | Niobe | Trigona † | Euboea † | Epione | Mnemosyne | Eliana | Asteria|
|Equipment||Arrow of Artemis | Asteria's armor | Bracelets of Submission | God Killer | Lasso of Hestia | Sword of Athena | Wonder Woman's armor | Wonder Woman's first shield | Wonder Woman's second shield | Wonder Woman's third sword|
|Other||Themyscira | Themyscira throne room | Themyscira armory | Themyscira infirmary | Amazonian coliseum | Amazon Games|