It is suggested that this article, or a section of this article, is in need of proper citations.
- "He's not a werewolf, okay? He's a weasel! He's harmless... I mean, he's not harmless, he's killed twenty-seven children, but... y'know, we got him to... I think... he's agreed to do this."
- ―Rick Flag to Blackguard[src]
Weasel is a weasel-like humanoid that killed twenty-seven children. He was incarcerated and became part of the first Task Force X strike team of the Corto Maltese mission. Upon reaching the island, Weasel drowned and the rest of the team believed that he died, but Weasel actually survived and stayed in Corto Maltese.
Early life and incarceration
It's unknown how exactly Weasel came to be, but he eventually went around causing havoc, which included the deaths of twenty-seven children, until he was finally caught and detained in Belle Reve. Given how stupid he now was, Weasel was easily drafted into Task Force X by Amanda Waller.
Mission in Corto Maltese
In 2021, Weasel was sent on a mission to Corto Maltese to destroy the prison and laboratory known as Jotunheim and wipe out all traces of the dangerous Project Starfish, despite him having no idea what was going on.
Sometime after the end of the Mission in Corto Maltese, Weasel woke up from the beach long after the skirmish and went into the nearby jungle.
Weasel appears to have the instincts and displays the behavior of an actual weasel (licking a prison grate due to not knowing what it is and/or thinking it might be food, slowly slinking around with his back hunched as if walking on two legs is uncomfortable). If this is the case, Weasel has a very one-track mind, is easily agitated and startled, is scared by and doesn't want to do many things, and doesn't understand or care for social norms and how people see or think of him (this last point is confirmed by the aforementioned licking of the grate).
Powers and abilities
- Weasel physiology: Weasel is an anthropomorphic weasel. He can move at great speeds, he is very flexible and has very fluid motions, and he can react quickly. He also has heightened senses of smell and hearing, as well as sharp claws and teeth that can slice through human flesh or bite enemies to distract, injure, or kill them, respectively.
- Claws: TBA
- Fangs: TBA
- Weasel Lungs: TBA
- Intimidation: Weasel's appearance, fangs, and claws are partially shifting as seen with Blackguard reaction to being next to him, thinking that he was a werewolf.
- Water: Weasel is unable to swim and can only stay on the water's surface (with considerable struggle) for about half a minute.
To be added
Behind the scenes
- His portrayal in the movie is based on Bill the Cat from the comic strip Bloom County.
- James Gunn has stated that Weasel might actually not have committed the crimes he's accused of.
- James Gunn (@JamesGunn) - Twitter
- "THE SUICIDE SQUAD - Roll Call" - YouTube
- Gunn, James (writer and director) (August 6, 2021). The Suicide Squad.
|Task Force X|
|Members||Peacemaker | Vigilante|
|Supporting members||Clemson Murn | John Economos | Emilia Harcourt | Flo Crawley | Leota Adebayo | Briscoe | Fitzgibbon|
|Former members||Enchantress | June Moone | Slipknot | El Diablo | Deadshot | Katana | Killer Croc | Rick Flag | Captain Boomerang | Polka-Dot Man | T.D.K. | Javelin | Blackguard | Mongal | Savant | Harley Quinn | Bloodsport | King Shark | Ratcatcher 2 | Weasel|