This article contains major spoilers for Zack Snyder's Justice League. You have been warned.
- "You know, my father sat me down right here. Told me what Wayne Manor was built on."
"Railroads, real estates, and oil."
"The first generation made their fortune trading with the French. Pelts and skins. They were hunters."
- ―Bruce Wayne and Alfred Pennyworth[src]
Fall from grace
As it stood, the manor was a desolate husk, overtaken by weeds and water stains after years of neglect. At some point, probably in association with killing Robin, Joker burned down the mansion, causing Bruce to move into the modern-styled Glasshouse by a lake.
- "Big round table. Six chairs, right there."
"But room for more."
"But room for more."
- ―Bruce Wayne and Diana Prince[src]
After stopping the invasion of Parademons led by Steppenwolf, Bruce Wayne and Alfred Pennyworth started planning to rebuild the Manor as the headquarters for the Justice League and its potential future recruits, with some help from Diana Prince. Immediately following Bruce Wayne's conversation with Martian Manhunter, the mansion could be seen undergoing renovation.
Behind the scenes
- Director David F. Sandberg jokingly teased a fake scene for the upcoming film Shazam! Fury of the Gods. The scene involved Billy Batson, Mary Bromfield, and Freddy Freeman finding a deserted Hall of Justice at the very end of the film.
- In DC Comics, Wayne Manor has been ruined in various incarnations. Before the events of Kingdom Come, it was destroyed by Two-Face and Bane after discovering Batman's true identity. In Cataclysm, the Manor was damaged beyond repair, after an earthquake struck Gotham City. Also, in Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy, Wayne Manor was destroyed by a fire caused by the League of Assassins. In the television series Gotham, the manor is destroyed near the end of the fifth season by Jeremiah Valeska, and in Rocksteady's Batman: Arkham Origins Wayne Manor is attacked and set ablaze by Penguin's Thugs (working for Mr. Freeze in the "Cold, Cold Heart DLC") as "payback" for the Waynes "ruining" the Cobblepots, and Batman: Arkham Knight, Wayne Manor is burned to the ground as part of the "Knightfall Protocol" after Batman's identity as Bruce Wayne is revealed to the world.
- The ruins of Scarsdale Hall, in Derbyshire, England was laser scanned over two days to portray Wayne Manor.
- Goyer, David S., Terrio, Chris (writers) & Snyder, Zack (director) (March 25, 2016). Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
- "First Look at Jared Leto’s Eerie Joker in Zack Snyder’s Justice League" - Vanity Fair
- Terrio, Chris, Beall, Will (writers) & Snyder, Zack (writer and director) (March 18, 2021). Zack Snyder's Justice League.
- [https://www.reddit.com/r/DCEUleaks/comments/mq7zmi/leaked_video_from_shazam_2_production_office/ Leaked video from Shazam 2 production office!! (Ending spoiler?!)