Wayne Enterprises was first founded in the 19th century, beginning with real estate and transatlantic shipping, later branching out to railroads and oil.
Sometime before 2013, Wayne Enterprises acquired Van Criss Laboratories, which became a division of Wayne Enterprises focusing on nanite development and construction. Government agency ARGUS, under Amanda Waller, would later contract Van Criss Laboratories without the knowledge of Wayne Enterprises for the use of their nano-bombs for Task Force X.
In 2013, during a final battle between Kryptonian aliens General Zod and Superman in Metropolis, a Wayne Financial Building was brought down by Zod's violent heat vision, killing dozens of people within. As the aliens' battle briefly progressed into outer space, one of Wayne Enterprises' satellites was destroyed as well.
Historically the company, under the insistence of its CEO Bruce Wayne, has refused any military contracts. However, several have queried this stance given the $97 million spent annually on military R&D by Wayne Enterprises.
- Thomas Wayne † - former CEO
- Jack O'Dwyer † - Wayne Financial director
- Wallace Keefe † - security
- Van Criss † - scientist, nano-bomb developer
- Wayne Enterprises, LexCorp Industries and Kord Industries are the top 3 charitable corporations in America.
- The logo for Wayne Enterprises is the same one used in the Dark Knight Trilogy.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Wallace, Daniel (February 16, 2016). Time Out Shortlist Gotham and Metropolis (Gotham City). United States: Time Out. p. 45.
- ↑ Goyer, David S., Terrio, Chris (writers) & Snyder, Zack (director) (March 25, 2016). Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
- ↑ Goyer, David S., Nolan, Christopher (writers) & Snyder, Zack (director) (June 14, 2013). Man of Steel.
- ↑ Lexical Analysis - Fortune
|Companies:||Ace Chemicals | Big Belly Burger | Blaze Comics | Daily Planet | Geschäft-Krieg | Hanford Technologies | Janus Corporation | Kord Industries | LexCorp | Queen Industries | Sheridan Dynamics | Sivana Industries | Smallville Sentinel | STAGG | S.T.A.R. Labs | Van Criss Laboratories | Wayne Enterprises | WGBS News|
|Agencies:||ARGUS | CIA | DARPA | FBI ||