Wayne Enterprises is a company owned by members of the Wayne family, currently owned by Bruce Wayne. At one point the company became the largest tech company in the entire world. The company is based in Gotham City, New Jersey.
Wayne Enterprises was first founded in the 19th century, beginning with real estate and transatlantic shipping, later branching out to railroads and oil.
Sometime before 2013, Wayne Enterprises acquired Van Criss Laboratories, which became a division of Wayne Enterprises focusing on nanite development and construction. Government agency ARGUS, under Amanda Waller, would later contract Van Criss Laboratories without the knowledge of Wayne Enterprises for the use of their nano-bombs for Task Force X.
In 2013, during a final battle between Kryptonian aliens General Dru-Zod and Superman in Metropolis, a Wayne Financial Building was brought down by Zod's violent heat vision, killing dozens of people within. As the aliens' battle briefly progressed into outer space, one of Wayne Enterprises' satellites was destroyed as well.
In the immediate aftermath of the battle, the Daily Planet reported that there was a board shakeup for Wayne Industries, while also reporting that Wayne Enterprises stock remained stable.
Historically, the company, under the insistence of its CEO Bruce Wayne, had refused any military contracts. However, several have queried this stance given the $97 million spent annually on military R&D by Wayne Enterprises.
By around 2015, the company was known to have become the largest tech company in the world, with its rival LexCorp coming at a close second.
- Thomas Wayne † - CEO
- Jack O'Dwyer † - Wayne Financial Director
- Wallace Keefe † - security
- Van Criss † - scientist and nano-bomb developer
- Babrius Aesop - chief scientist
- Wayne Enterprises, LexCorp Industries and Kord Industries are the top 3 charitable corporations in America.
- The logo for Wayne Enterprises was the same one used in Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy in the movie Man of Steel however, it was given a new logo in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
- Wallace, Daniel (February 16, 2016). Time Out Shortlist Gotham and Metropolis (Gotham City). United States: Time Out Group. p. 45.
- Wallace, Daniel (February 16, 2016). Time Out Shortlist Gotham and Metropolis (Metropolis). United States: Time Out Group. p. 45.
- Suicide Squad
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
- Man of Steel
- Immigrant from Krypton'Man of Steel' Special Features
- Lexical Analysis - Fortune