- Joker has a much larger role in the novel.
- More of the characters backstories are explored.
- Some scenes deleted from the film are featured in the novel.
- The Joker is revealed to have jumped off the chopper before it crashed .
- June Moone and Rick Flag's relationship is expanded.
- Joker's henchman Jonny Frost has a larger role. Jonny Frost has a short POV segment in which he reveals he is scared of the mental state of the other goons specially Panda Man.
- Several scenes from the film are extended.
- Batman interacts briefly with Harley Quinn after he saves her. He tells Harley that he is getting her in Belle Reve Penetentiary as revenge for the death of Robin.
- Navy Seals have a larger role.
- Most one-liners deleted from the film are in the novel.
- Enchantress is more menacing than in the film.
- There are more fights with Enchantress' minions.
- Waller rewards Deadshot before he is included in the Squad.
Differences from the Movie
- Joker and Harley's relationship is more abusive in the novel.
- Monster T commits suicide instead of getting shot by the Joker.
- Harley Quinn
- Amanda Waller
- June Moone
- Rick Flag
- Captain Boomerang
- Killer Croc
- El Diablo
- Jonny Frost
- Panda Man
- Batman (flashbacks)
- Robin (flashbacks) (mentioned)
- Monster T (flashbacks)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.