- "I would advise not getting killed by her. Her sword traps the souls of its victims."
- ―Rick Flag to Task Force X[src]
The Soultaker is a sword owned and used by Katana. It has mystical properties, trapping the souls and life forces of the user's victims. Katana used it to put an end to the immortal being Incubus.
The sword was forged from 10,000 layers of hand-forged steel, allowing its user to trap their victims' souls inside, gaining its appropriate name, "Soultaker".
Murder of Maseo Yamashiro
Mission with the Suicide Squad
During Katana's mission to retrieve Amanda Waller alongside the Suicide Squad, she wielded Soultaker several times, where it easily sliced through and killed several members of the Eyes of the Adversary. At one point, Katana looked into the blade and spoke to Maseo's soul, tearfully promising they would be reunited some day. In the final battle, Soultaker was able to cut through Incubus' extremely durable body, though he regenerated from each injury. When Katana tried to fight Enchantress with Soultaker, Enchantress teleported away from each attack and eventually disarmed her. When the Suicide Squad was seemingly beaten, Harley Quinn feigned surrender, then picked up Soultaker and used it to slash Enchantress' chest open and extract her heart. Harley returned Soultaker to Katana afterwards.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Wolfman, Marv (2016). Suicide Squad: The Official Movie Novelization. Titan Books.
- ↑ Scene Description For SUICIDE SQUAD Reveals New Info About 'Harley Quinn', 'Katana', More - ComicBookMovie
- ↑ DC Films Presents: The Dawn of the Justice League
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 A.R.G.U.S.
- ↑ Ayer, David (writer and director) (August 5, 2016). Suicide Squad.