Christopher Weiss, better known as Slipknot, was an American rope and knot expert skilled at rope climbing. He was eventually apprehended by Wonder Woman in 2002 and transferred to Belle Reve by Amanda Waller, where he became a member of Task Force X.
Christopher Weiss was born on February 23, 1984, in Montgomery, Alabama, into a tribe of Saulteaux, and grew up learning professional rope-climbing. He worked as a formulation chemist at Leaston Howard Inc., where he invented a supremely powerful adhesive and concealed it from his employers. Weiss tested his invention over several months and applied the adhesive to various burglary tools.
Finding the application extremely useful, he left the incorporation to become a professional criminal, robbing various financial institutions in Montgomery before moving to Keystone City. There, Weiss became as a lethal assassin "who can climb anything", code-named "Slipknot", and used extremely durable ropes and harnesses using his special adhesive, but was captured in 2002 by Wonder Woman.
- "She had a mouth."
Slipknot joined Task Force X in the evacuation point outside of Midway City, shortly before they are to fly out to their destination. He is forced out of a car and is verbally slurred at by a woman in the vicinity whom he promptly punched in the face. He was briefly introduced by Rick Flag who mentions his prowess with rope work. Task Force X is given instructions by Amanda Waller that, under the command of Colonel Rick Flag, they are to extract HVT-1 from Midway City in exchange for time taken off their prison sentences. The team equips their old uniforms and weapons before flying in a helicopter to the besieged city.
Deception and death
- "Mind games."
"This whole bomb in the neck crap. It ain't real, mate."
- ―Captain Boomerang and Slipknot[src]
Soon after crash landing in Midway City, Slipknot was marching through the streets with his fellow members of Task Force X. Captain Boomerang walks up to him and tells him that the team is just being played by Flag and Waller and that the whole "bomb in the neck crap" speech was just psychological manipulation. He tells Slipknot that he's planning on escaping and asks if he'll join him, which he does. Suddenly, Boomerang and Slipknot attack some of the soldiers to escape, and after breaking one soldier's neck, Slipknot manages to grapple away to nearby rooftops. However, Flag notices and detonates the nano-bomb in Slipknot's neck, instantly decapitating him and leaving his body hanging from a building by one of his ropes.
Slipknot was an assassin who had no qualms about brutally punching a woman who insulted him. He remained very quiet throughout his time with the Suicide Squad, only speaking with Captain Boomerang. It can be assumed that he is the most intelligent Squad member (along with former expert psychologist Harley Quinn), as he has a background in formulation chemistry and developed his ropes' powerful adhesive.
Despite his intellect, Slipknot was somewhat gullible and less intelligent in practical life, as he was easily tricked by Captain Boomerang into to escaping, leading to his death.
- Master assassin: Slipknot specialized in killing with the extremely durable ropes that he himself has developed. He even has a harness with grapple like device that shoots a harpoon type line that raises him upward, much like an elevator.
- Gifted intelligence: Slipknot was a fairly intelligent formulation chemist (though not on par with Doctor Poison), devising an extremely strong adhesive, which he used in his equipment to great effect in his criminal activities, which thereby makes him and Harley Quinn the most intelligent Suicide Squad members. Despite his scientific aptitude, however, Slipknot is quite gullible in practical life, being easily deceived by Captain Boomerang.
- Gullibility: Slipknot's other main weakness is that despite being an intelligent scientist, he is less intelligent and even gullible in practical life, as he was easily tricked by Captain Boomerang into escaping, leading to his death.
- Grapple gun: Slipknot's harness with grapple-like device, that shoots a harpoon-type line, raising him upward, much like an elevator. He wears this harness at almost all times, and uses it in his unsuccessful attempt to escape from the Suicide Squad.
Behind the scenes
- In DC Comics, Slipknot is an enemy of Firestorm. Following his defeat, he was recruited into the Suicide Squad, but had his arm blown off when he tried to escape. He survived, joining the Kobra cult and gaining a new robotic arm before being killed by the Tattooed Man.
- In early drafts of the script, there is a reference made to him being a serial rapist in an attempt to make the character unsympathetic.
- A flashback sequence similar to the rest of Task Force X's was filmed for him, but it was removed from the final cut due to time constraints.
- Richard Nunez was a stunt double for Adam Beach in the role of Slipknot.
|Task Force X|
|Members||Rick Flag (leader) | Captain Boomerang | Deadshot | Katana | Killer Croc | Polka-Dot Man | Ratcatcher | King Shark | Peacemaker|
|Former members||El Diablo | Enchantress | Slipknot | Harley Quinn|