This article is about upcoming content and is subject to change. You can help the DC Extended Universe Wiki by when it becomes available.
- "Don't worry, yeah? I'm gonna get you outta here alive."
"I'm going to get you out of here alive."
- ―Bloodsport and Ratcatcher 2[src]
Ratcatcher 2 is a former exterminator who turned to a life of crime, while being aided by an army of small rodents she can communicate with and control.
She was the protégé of Otis Flannegan, the original Ratcatcher, and became a member of the second Task Force X strike team sent to Corto Maltese, where she formed a close relationship with Bloodsport.
At a young age in Gotham City, New Jersey, the little girl who would become Ratcatcher 2 was mentored and trained by Otis Flannegan, the criminal known as the Ratcatcher. He taught her to tame, train, and control rats over the years, and when Flannegan was taken down by the Batman, the young woman took up his mantle and became Ratcatcher 2, using her trained rats to commit crimes.
Life of crime and capture
While a criminal, she evaded the police several times and grew quite fond of one rat in particular, who she named Sebastian and treated as a pet. Unfortunately, she was caught by local law enforcement and sent to Belle Reve, where she became a member of Task Force X.
Corto Maltese mission
In 2021, the team, including Ratcatcher 2, went to Corto Maltese to destroy the prison and laboratory known as Jotunheim, formerly used by the Nazi Party, as well as assassinate Maltese dictator Silvio Luna.
Ratcatcher is described by Daniela Melchior as sweet and endearing. Based on the trailers, she also seems very sheltered, quiet, and timid, but sneaky and slippery when she needs to be.
Powers and Abilities
- Rat Manipulation: Ratcatcher can easily tame and train rats with the rat communicator to do tasks for her.
- Mind Control: Ratcatcher can control the minds of rats and force them to do her bidding.
To be added
- Ratcatcher mask: The smell of the sewers, where rats usually live, can be overpowering to the human nose, so Ratcatcher cleverly wears a mask with a filtration system, ensuring she doesn't need to breathe in the smell and fumes of the sewer system while controlling her rats.
- Rat communicator: To be added
- This version of Ratcatcher is gender-swapped and is named after the first Ratcatcher, who trained her to be his protégé at a young age.
- Ratcatcher 2 is a fan of poisonous gas.
- While the DCEU's original Ratcatcher, Otis Flannegen, is from the comics, this version of the Ratcatcher is an original character created for the DC Extended Universe.
Behind the scenes
- According to The Suicide Squad script, Idris Elba's character will act as a surrogate father to Ratcatcher 2.
- Katie Eischen was a stunt double for Daniela Melchior in the role of Ratcatcher 2.
- Mancuso, Vinnie (April 30, 2019). James Gunn’s ‘The Suicide Squad’ Casts Newcomer in Ratcatcher Role. Collider.
- Sneider, Jeff (March 7, 2019). ‘Suicide Squad 2’ Exclusive: Meet the New Characters James Gunn Will Introduce in Sequel. Collider.
- Gunn, James (writer and director) (August 6, 2021). The Suicide Squad.
|Task Force X|
|Members||Rick Flag (leader) | Deadshot | Katana | Killer Croc | Bloodsport | Polka-Dot Man | Ratcatcher 2 | King Shark | Peacemaker | T.D.K. | Weasel | Javelin | Blackguard | Mongal | Savant|
|Supporting members||Flo Crawley | Fitzgibbon|
|Former members||Enchantress | June Moone | Slipknot | El Diablo | Harley Quinn | Captain Boomerang|