Life in Themyscira and arrival of the Germans
After Steve Trevor crash-landed on Themyscira, she engaged the German soldiers who had followed his plane from the Ottomon Empire across the Mediterranean. She was also present during Trevor's interrogation.
Summoned back to Earth by the Mother Boxes, Steppenwolf attacked Themyscira first. Penthesilea was one of several warriors who had charge of destroying the columns which supported the doors of the Penetralium. She and her companion Trigona caught and supported the final door, allowing their queen Hippolyta enough time to escape with the Mother Box. Penthesilea was either crushed to death in the attempt, or killed by Steppenwolf before he broke through shortly after.
Powers and Abilities
Amazon physiology: Like all Amazons, Penthesilea possesses superhuman abilities, such as strength, durability, agility, stamina and longevity.
- Superhuman strength: Penthesilea has a high degree of superhuman strength, which allowed her to overpower regular humans quickly and even defeat many Parademons with ease. Her strength also allows her to handle a gigantic hammer and hold for a time the heavy door of the Penetralium.
- Superhuman durability: Penthesilea's body is more resistant to physical damage than the body of a human being.
- Superhuman stamina: Like all Amazons, Penthesilea's musculature produces considerably less fatigue toxins during physical activity than that of humans. With this, she does not need to slow down or catch her breath during the battle.
- Longevity: While living in Themyscira, Penthesilea can not grow old or be affected by disease. With her having been born before the War of the Gods or the creation of Themyscira by Zeus, making Penthesilea an eternal immortal without age, unless killed in combat.
- Master combatant: Penthesilea is a highly skilled combatant, a master of uniquely Amazonian martial arts, as well as an expert in most types of Amazonian weapons, with centuries of combat experience, though she is not quite on par with the likes of Antiope, Hippolyta and Wonder Woman. Hence, she made short work of many German soldiers during the World War I invasion of Themyscira.
- Sword mastery: She fight the German army with a sword and defeated several soldiers easily.
- Amazonian sword: She used a sword during the attack on Themyscira.
- Hammer: She used a hammer.
- Amazonian armor: She used two different Amazonian armors.