This article is about upcoming content and is subject to change. You can help the DC Extended Universe Wiki by when it becomes available.
- "Peacemaker is an opportunity to delve into current world issues through the lens of this superhero/supervillain/and world's biggest douchebag."
- ―James Gunn on the series
Peacemaker is an American HBO Max action-comedy series based on the DC Comics villain of the same name. The series is produced by DC Entertainment and Troll Court Entertainment. It is a spin-off of The Suicide Squad and the first television series in the DC Extended Universe. It is set to premiere in January 2022.
Peacemaker is a live action series that follows Christopher Smith AKA Peacemaker, an extremist murderer who believes he's on a quest for peace, killing anyone and everyone to achieve his ultimate goal.
- John Cena as Christopher Smith/Peacemaker
- Steve Agee as Warden John Economos
- Danielle Brooks as Leota Adebayo
- Robert Patrick as Auggie Smith
- Jennifer Holland as Agent Emilia Harcourt
- Chris Conrad as District Attorney Adrian Chase/Vigilante
- Chukwudi Iwuji as Clemson Murn
- Lochlyn Munro as Larry Fitzgibbon
- Annie Chang as Detective Sophie Song
- Christopher Heyerdahl as Captain Locke
- Elizabeth Faith Ludlow as Keeya
- Rizwan Manji as Jamil
- Nhut Le as Rip Jagger/Judomaster
- Alison Araya as Amber
- Lenny Jacobson as Evan
- To-be-confirmed actor as Jose
|Title||Director||Written by||Air date|
|1||TBA||James Gunn||James Gunn||January 2022|
|2||TBA||James Gunn||James Gunn||TBA|
|3||TBA||James Gunn||James Gunn||TBA|
|6||TBA||James Gunn||James Gunn||TBA|
- "Peacemaker is an opportunity to delve into current world issues through the lens of this superhero/supervillain/and world’s biggest douchebag. I’m excited to expand The Suicide Squad and bring this character from the DC film universe to the full breadth of a series. And of course, to be able to work again with John, Peter, and my friends at Warner Bros. is the icing on the cake."
- ―James Gunn[src]
On September 23, 2020, it was announced that HBO Max had ordered an eight-episode spin-off series of James Gunn's upcoming The Suicide Squad, focused on the character of Peacemaker played by John Cena.
Peacemaker will begin production in early 2021, before Gunn begins his work on Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 for Marvel Studios. On October 9, 2020, Hollywood North Buzz reported that filming would begin in Vancouver on January 11, 2021, and would end on June 9, 2021, assuming COVID-19 doesn't delay production. They also reported that the working title is "The Scriptures."
On Twitter, James Gunn said that the timeline of when the series takes place would not be revealed until after The Suicide Squad releases on August 6, 2021, in order to avoid spoiling the film and whether or not Peacemaker lives. He also confirmed that there would be other members of the Suicide Squad in the series but didn't give any names.
On November 8, 2020, Gunn posted on Twitter that he was beginning his mandatory two-week quarantine in Canada before production on Peacemaker started there. This seems to imply that shooting will begin much earlier than expected.
On November 11, Deadline reported that Danielle Brooks was joining Peacemaker as original character Leota Adebayo. Gunn confirmed this a few hours later on Twitter, along with the following Deadline report an hour later that Robert Patrick, Jennifer Holland, and Chris Conrad would be joining the series as Auggie Smith, Emilia Harcourt, and Adrian Chase/Vigilante respectively.
December 10 brought news from the Illuminerdi that Warner Bros. was looking to cast a male actor in their fifties or sixties to play a character named Murn, described as "strong, tough, a true leader". The same article reported that they were also looking for another male actor in their twenties to forties under a height of 5'6", with stunt and/or martial arts experience to play "an extremely small and gifted martial artist, who is very fast, but not very quick-witted".
On December 14, Deadline reported that Lethal Weapon creator Matt Miller has joined the series as an executive producer. That same day, the Illuminerdi reported that WB was considering actress Maggie Q to play Detective Vivian Song on the show.
On January 15, 2021 James Gunn confirmed that filming had begun.
- "HBO and HBO Max Chief Details 'Game of Thrones' Expansion Plans" - The Hollywood Reporter
- "‘The Suicide Squad’ TV Spinoff ‘Peacemaker’ Starring John Cena From James Gunn Ordered By HBO Max" - Deadline Hollywood
- "‘The Suicide Squad’ HBO Max Spinoff Series ‘Peacemaker’ Adds Steve Agee" - Deadline Hollywood
- "‘Orange Is The New Black’ Star Danielle Brooks Joins HBO Max ‘Suicide Squad’ Spinoff Series ‘Peacemaker’" - Deadline Hollywood
- "‘Peacemaker’ HBO Max Series Adds Chris Conrad, Jennifer Holland, Robert Patrick" - Variety
- "‘Peacemaker’ HBO Max Series Adds Four More to Cast" - Variety
- "‘Peacemaker’: HBO Max James Gunn ‘Suicide Squad’ Spinoff Series Adds Elizabeth Faith Ludlow & Rizwan Manji" - Deadline Hollywood
- ‘Peacemaker’: James Gunn HBO Max Series Adds Nhut Le As Judomaster
- ‘Peacemaker’ HBO Max Series Adds Alison Araya, Lenny Jacobson (EXCLUSIVE)
- "Peacemaker: 2 New Mysterious Roles Being Cast for New HBO Max Series: Exclusive" - The Illuminerdi
- "The Suicide Squad Spinoff Peacemaker, Starring John Cena, Ordered to Series at HBO Max; James Gunn to Write/Direct" - TVLine
- "PEACEMAKER is Coming To HBO Max" - WarnerMedia
- James Gunn (@JamesGunn) - Twitter
- "Peacemaker: New Casting Call Indicates Possible Roles for These Classic Comic Characters: Exclusive" - The Illuminerdi
- "Matt Miller Joins ‘Peacemaker’ HBO Max Series As EP, Renews Overall Deal With Warner Bros. TV" - Deadline Hollywood
- "WB Eyeing Maggie Q For New Role In Peacemaker: Exclusive" - The Illuminerdi
- James Gunn (@jamesgunn) - Instagram
- EXCLUSIVE: James Gunn’s ‘Peacemaker’ Series Adds ‘Eastbound & Down’ Director Jody Hill
- HBO Max’s ‘Peacemaker’ Series Adds ‘Jessica Jones’ Director Rosemary Rodriguez To The Directing Team
|TV series in the DC Extended Universe|