At some point during his early life, Orvax came to rule Atlantis as its king and was betrothed to Queen Atlanna. However, she did not love him back and fled to the surface world to avoid being married to him. There she met and fell in love with a human named Tom Curry, and eventually had a son with him named Arthur.
Several years after Atlanna's escape from Atlantis, Orvax sent a group of Atlantean soldiers to bring her back to him. Although she was able to fight them off, Atlanna realized that Orvax would not stop hunting her as long as she remained in the surface world and reluctantly returned to Atlantis on her own to protect Tom and Arthur from his wrath.
Upon her return to Atlantis, Atlanna and Orvax became husband and wife, and sired a single son together named Orm. Several years later, Orvax somehow found out about Arthur, causing him to be overwhelmed with jealously and sentence Atlanna to the Trench for having a child with a human. At some point after this incident, Orvax died of unknown causes, giving his son both his trident and the throne of Atlantis.
Powers and abilities
- Atlantean physiology: Orvax would have had numerous powers and abilities due to being Atlantean, enhanced when exposed to water.
- Superhuman strength: As an Atlantean, Orvax would have naturally possessed strength superior to humans.
- Superhuman durability: As an Atlantean, Orvax would have been able to withstand immense underwater pressures.
- Aquatic respiration: Orvax would have been able to naturally breathe underwater.
- Superhuman speed: As an Atlantean, Orvax would have been able to swim at superhuman speeds.
- In the DC Comics universe, Orvax Marius was an unstable fleet Captain for the Men-of-War who was chosen to duly wed Princess Atlanna and take kingship of Atlantis in a joint bid by the Aristocracy and Sea Force to better tithe and bind both factions. He is the father of Orm and Tula Marius. Orvax was killed by Atlanna for years of abuse on top of lying about how he killed Aquaman and Thomas Curry when she tried to dump him.
- At the beginning of the film, the royal guards called Orvax as "King" even before he married Atlanna, which is a goof, since Orvax was not a descendant of King Atlan and should not have been a king before his wedding.