During his early life, Orvax was king of Atlantis and was betrothed to Queen Atlanna, but she did not love him and instead sired Arthur with Thomas Curry on the Surface World. Orvax then sent Atlantean soldiers to bring her back, but she fought them off. In order to protect Tom and Arthur, she returned to Atlantis and Orvax, married him, and sired Orm Marius with him. When Orvax found out about Arthur, he was overwhelmed with jealousy and sentenced her to the Trench. Sometime later, Orvax had died of unknown causes, giving his son, Orm, the throne of Atlantis and his trident.
Powers and abilities
- Atlantean physiology: Orvax would have had numerous powers and abilities due to being Atlantean, enhanced when exposed to water.
- Superhuman strength: As an Atlantean, Orvax would have naturally possessed strength superior to humans.
- Superhuman durability: As an Atlantean, Orvax would have been able to withstand immense underwater pressures.
- Aquatic respiration: Orvax would have been able to naturally breathe underwater.
- Superhuman speed: As an Atlantean, Orvax would have been able to swim at superhuman speeds.
- In the DC Comics universe, Orvax Marius was an unstable fleet Captain for the Men-of-War who was chosen to duly wed Princess Atlanna and take kingship of Atlantis in a joint bid by the Aristocracy and Sea Force to better tithe and bind both factions. He is the father of Orm and Tula Marius. Orvax was killed by Atlanna for years of abuse on top of lying about how he killed Aquaman and Thomas Curry when she tried to dump him.
- At the beginning of the film, the royal guards called Orvax as "King" even before he married Atlanna, which is a goof, since Orvax was not a descendant of King Atlan and should not have been a king before his wedding.