Menalippe is a lieutenant in the Amazonian military who trained Princess Diana in combat tactics.
Powers and abilities
Amazon physiology: Menalippe possesses the typical abilities of her species, such as superhuman strength, durability, agility, stamina, and longevity.
- Superhuman strength: Menalippe is superhumanly strong, more than any normal human. During the human invasion of Paradise Island, she demonstrated the ability to block gunfire with her shield and then, with one arm, lifts Antiope into the air with it.
- Superhuman durability: Menalippe's body is much more resistant to physical damage than the body of a normal human being.
- Superhuman agility: Menalippe naturally has greater agility, dexterity, balance and body coordination than a normal human being.
- Superhuman stamina: Menalippe has a level of superhuman stamina, notably not needing to slow down or catch her breath during the German invasion of Themyscira.
- Longevity: Menalippe, due to being an Amazon, has lived for millennia without visibly aging (with her predating the War of the Gods and the creation of Themyscira by Zeus), making Antiope an ageless immortal, unless killed in combat.
- Master combatant: Menalippe is a highly skilled combatant, a master of uniquely Amazonian martial arts, as well as an expert in most types of Amazonian weapons, with centuries of combat experience, though she is not quite on par with the likes of Antiope and Wonder Woman. Hence, she made short work of many German soldiers during the World War I invasion of Themyscira.
- Expert tactician: Menalippe is an extremely skilled tactician, having mentored Wonder Woman in combat tactics.
- Expert leader: Menalippe, as a lieutenant in the Amazonian military under Antiope, is a highly skilled and experienced leader.
- Omnilingualism: Menalippe, as an Amazon, has the ability to fluently speak, read, and understand all human languages (even currently dead ones, like Ancient Greek, Latin, Sumerian, or Ottoman Turkish), as well as to instinctively identify a language's name when seeing it's written form. Hence, she spoke fluent English when Steve Trevor visited the island.
- Amazonian battle armor: Menalippe wears a multicolored armored top mixed with shades of brown and gold. Brown shoulder armor on both her shoulders, a short brown loincloth on her front and a brown shredded skirt around her waist, as well as a brown cape on her back. Brown knee-high armored boots with stockings going up to her thighs, and her brown bracelets.
- Menalippe's spear: An Amazonian spear Menalippe wields in battle and training.
- Amazonian shield: An Amazonian shield that Menalippe used to protect himself from gunfire during the battle against German soldiers.
- In the comics, Menalippe is depicted as a priestess and oracle, which they aren't in the film.
Behind the scenes
- On March 24, 2016, it was announced that Norwegian actress Lisa Loven Kongsli would play Menalippe in Wonder Woman.
|Amazons||Hippolyta (queen) | Diana | Antiope † | Menalippe | Venelia † | Phillipus | Acantha | Orana † | Timandra | Artemis | Aella | Penthesilea † | Egeria | Niobe | Trigona † | Euboea † | Epione | Mnemosyne | Eliana | Naomi | Asteria|
|Equipment||God Killer | Sword of Athena | Bracelets of Submission | Lasso of Hestia | Wonder Woman's armor | Wonder Woman's first shield | Wonder Woman's second shield | Asteria's armor|
|Other||Themyscira | Themyscira throne room | Themyscira armory | Themyscira infirmary | Amazonian coliseum | Amazon Games|