The Loop (Movies)
Do you like this video?
- Steve Persall said "Man of Steel is more than just Avengers-sized escapism; it's an artistic introduction to a movie superhero we only thought we knew."
- Richard Roeper said: "we're plunged back into a mostly underwhelming film, with underdeveloped characters and supercharged fight scenes that drag on and offer nothing new in the way of special-effects creativity".
- Richard Corliss said "The movie finds its true, lofty footing not when it displays Kal-El’s extraordinary powers, but when it dramatizes Clark Kent’s roiling humanity. The super part of Man of Steel is just okay, but the man part is super."
- Ty Burr said "What’s missing from this Superman saga is a sense of lightness, of pop joy".
- J.C. Maçek, III said "The path of this flawed savior isn’t quite the one that we have been led to expect and many fans will love that and many fans will decry its comic book-divergent choices. On the other hand, barring Lois Lane’s own knowledge of the dual nature of Clark and Superman (thus depriving one of fiction’s greatest reveals), the hero we see in the final moments of Man of Steel is nothing if not the character Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster created… with just a bit more in the 'imperfections' column."
- Ann Hornaday said "Hans Zimmer’s turgid, over-produced score", the film "is an exceptionally unpleasant viewing experience".
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.