It is suggested that this article, or a section of this article, could benefit by being expanded upon.
Iris West is an individual who was saved by Barry Allen from a car accident that would have ended her life.
Rescued by Barry Allen
After leaving a dog daycare, Iris struggled to start her convertible. Finally getting it started, she became distracted by Barry Allen, who she'd nearly run into on her way out of the daycare. The car suddenly ran into a truck driven by a distracted driver. Barry suddenly intervened to save her, using his superhuman speed to pull Iris out of the car, placing her safely on the ground as the car fell on its side and toppled over, exploding in a fiery spectacle.
This article section is incomplete and requires expansion.
- Barry Allen - savior and love interest
Behind the scenes
- In DC Comics, Iris West is a close friend of Barry Allen. Initially unknown to her, he had a huge crush on her for a very long time. Eventually, they fell in love, got married and had two children together. Also, in the original comics, Iris was white.
- Iris was initially set to appear in Justice League, but was ultimately cut, despite Kiersey Clemons having shot multiple scenes for the character. Zack Snyder's Justice League, an alternate vision of the 2017 film, restores most, if not all, of Clemons' already filmed scenes.
- Iris West in the DC Extended Universe is the third live-action incarnation of the character, following incarnations portrayed by Paula Marshall and Candice Patton.
- This is also the second live-action incarnation of the character to be portrayed by an African-American actress (following Candice Patton), as Iris West in the comics is Caucasian.
- Terrio, Chris, Beall, Will (writers) & Snyder, Zack (writer and director) (March 18, 2021). Zack Snyder's Justice League.
- Read Zack Snyder's Version and All Deleted Scenes of Justice League