Hades is the Greek God of the Dead, Mystery, and Wealth, as well as the ruler of the Underworld. Hades was worshiped by the Ancient Greeks and Romans (under the name Pluto), before he was slain by Ares during the War of the Gods while attempting to help protect Mankind from him.
As his jealousy for Humans grew increasingly over the years, Ares soon used the added power of humanity's violence to strike down the other Olympians, including Hades, one by one until only Zeus remained.
Powers and Abilities
- Divine Physiology: As an Olympian, Hades was a powerful being and one of the most powerful Olympians, rivaled only by his brothers Zeus and Poseidon. Ares, however, was able to face Hades in combat when greatly enhanced by the violence of the War of the Gods and ultimately defeat him.
- Immortality: Hades lived for thousands of years without aging, with his birth predating the creation of Mankind and the Amazons.
- Super Strength: Hades has an immense levels of physical strength.
- Invulnerability: Hades was immune to death by superficial means, such as the decay over time. However, he could be slain by other gods, as Ares was able to kill him during the War of the Gods.
- Omnilingualism: Hades, as a deity, had the ability to fluently speak, read, and understand all human languages, even currently dead ones.
- Master Psychopomp: Hades, as ruler of the Underworld and god of the Dead, had an unrivaled control over the afterlife and spirits.
- Pluto was named after Hades' Roman aspect.