Delaware is a state located in the in the Mid-Atlantic region of the United States of America.
In 1661, Metropolis was founded by early European settlers at the start of the colonization of North America. It grew steadily to become one of the largest cities in the world, and became a famous tech hub and media center.
2008 presidential election
During the presidential election of 2008, Delaware voted Democrat.
In 2013, much of Metropolis' central business district was destroyed by General Dru-Zod and his Kryptonian military forces in their attempt to convert Earth a new Krypton using the World Engine. Whole buildings were obliterated, and rubble and debris covered the area. Metropolis recovered in time and became safeguarded by their new local savior, Superman.
Duel against Doomsday
When the United States government attempted to take Doomsday out with a nuclear missile, he landed on Stryker's Island, a uninhabited island off the coasts of Metropolis. Just as Doomsday released another wave of strong energy, the Batwing passed over the island and narrowly missed Doomsday's heat blasts. Batman then attempted to lure Doomsday back to Gotham City to kill him with the Kryptonite spear.
Earthquake in Metropolis
- Wallace, Daniel (February 16, 2016). Time Out Shortlist Gotham and Metropolis (Metropolis). United States: Time Out Group.
- 2008 U.S. presidential election article image.
- Goyer, David S., Nolan, Christopher (writers) & Snyder, Zack (director) (June 14, 2013). Man of Steel.
- Goyer, David S., Terrio, Chris (writers) & Snyder, Zack (director) (March 25, 2016). Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
- Man of Steel: The Early Years: Junior Novel