Dechalafrea Ero, also known as Dolos, was an old god who represented lies and chaos. Ages ago he created the Dreamstone, an artifact which grants a single wish to any who hold it, but at a cost.
Dechalafrea Ero was a malicious deity who found delight in manipulating humanity by giving them what they wanted at a great cost to themselves. He managed to destroy several civilisations over the course of human history just by playing humanity's greed.
Powers and abilities
- God physiology: Dechalafrea Ero is indestructible to non-gods and ages far slower than any mortal.
- Magical craftsmanship: Dechalafrea Ero was able to place some of his power within the Dreamstone, but limited its potential to the granting of a single wish per person.
- Omnilingualism: Dechalafrea Ero can understand all human languages, with his own language being that of the gods. He uses this ability to seduce civilisations from various locations and periods.
- Dreamstone: Dechalafrea Ero created the Dreamstone to deceive humanity into making wishes to him that he would grant in ways that would lead to their self-destruction.
- His current status is unknown, as every other god has either died or works for Darkseid.
Behind the scenes
- The Duke of Deception was originally envisioned as a minion of the God of War. Here, he is independent of Ares.
- Dechalafrea Ero is similar to Urzkartaga, the god who in the comics was the one that turned Barbara Minerva into Cheetah.
- Being a trickster god means he's also similar to most depictions of the Norse god Loki.