- "You better not be wasting my time."
"No, I have too much to live for."
- ―Deathstroke and Lex Luthor[src]
Slade Joseph Wilson is one of the world's deadliest assassins and a mercenary-for-hire, operating under the moniker Deathstroke. He is one of the greatest adversaries of the Batman, and an acquaintance of Lex Luthor.
Conflict with Batman
At some point, Slade became one of the greatest enemies of the Batman, willing to do anything to take him down, even partner with those he despised.
Meeting with Lex Luthor
At some point in a potential future where Earth had been ravaged by the forces of Darkseid and Superman, a now-mohawk-sporting Slade reluctantly teamed up with his former Insurgency enemies for the greater good of all humanity.
As an assassin, Slade Wilson is cold, blunt, and irascible, being more than willing to leave Lex Luthor's yacht when he warned the latter not to waste his time, but seemed quite interested after hearing his proposition to start "a league of their own" in response to the Justice League's formation and resurrection of Superman.
- Master Martial Artist: Slade is a highly skilled hand-to-hand combatant and martial artist.
- Sword Mastery: Slade is a highly skilled swordsman.
- Expert Marksman: Slade is quite proficient in the use of firearms.
- Deathstroke armor: When in the field, Deathstroke dons an armored orange-and-black bodysuit and helmet. The suit carries his arsenal in various holsters.
- Swords: Wilson actively employs the use of two swords as part of his arsenal. One is a ninjato sword and the other is a tactical single-edged sword.
- Handgun: Slade has a handgun holstered on his right thigh which he uses as his sidearm.
- Grenades: Slade carries what appears to be three grenades on his left shoulder pauldron.
- In DC Comics, Deathstroke is a recurring enemy of the Teen Titans, and one of the most formidable foes of Batman and Green Arrow.
- Justice League showed Lex Luthor recruit Deathstroke to join a version of the Injustice League to take down the champions of Earth. It is not yet clear what Luthor hires Slade for in the new canon that will be put in place by Zack Snyder's Justice League.
- The costume he wears in Justice League is identical to the one he sports in the video game, Batman: Arkham Origins. The similarities include the orange areas around his chest, a pop-out collar-like neck armor, and heavy shoulder plates with similar design patterns. The only noticeable difference being a black chevron on the top of the movie version's helmet.
Behind the scenes
- Joe Manganiello was uncredited for his appearance in Justice League.
- Joe Manganiello was originally considered for the role of Superman.
- Before Joe Manganiello was cast as Deathstroke, Stephen Lang, Ron Perlman, and Arnold Schwarzenegger were considered for the role of Deathstroke.
- Deathstroke was originally supposed to be heavily featured in the Ben Affleck-directed The Batman, but after Affleck left the director's chair to focus on his portrayal of Bruce Wayne/Batman and Matt Reeves took over the film, his role ceased to exist.
- Deathstroke in the DC Extended Universe is the fifth live-action incarnation of the character, following incarnations portrayed by Antonio Sabàto, Jr, Michael Hogan, Jeffery C. Robinson and Manu Bennett.
- Deathstroke has a bigger role in Zack Snyder's version of Justice League, with more scenes including an extended version of the post credits scene and a part in the Knightmare timeline.
- Joe Manganiello shares a first look at his "Knightmare" look in Zack Snyder's Justice League, also confirming he'll team up with heroes.
- Deathstroke Will Be Main Villain in Ben Affleck’s Batman Movie (Exclusive) - The Wrap
- Terrio, Chris (writer) & Snyder, Zack (director) (2021). Zack Snyder's Justice League.