This article is about upcoming content and is subject to change.
You can help the DC Extended Universe Wiki by adding new information when it becomes available.
Slade Wilson is one of the world's deadliest assassins and a mercenary-for-hire, operating under the moniker Deathstroke. He is one of the greatest adversaries of the Batman, and an acquaintance of Lex Luthor.
Conflict with Batman
At some point, Slade would eventually become one of the greatest enemies of Batman.
Meeting with Lex Luthor
Deathstroke was invited to Lex Luthor's private yacht after the latter had broken out of Arkham Asylum. Lex was talking about Superman's return and the formation of the Justice League when Slade arrived, removing his mask, and warned Lex not to waste his time. However, Lex justified this by suggesting that they "even the playing field" by creating a league of their own.
As an assassin, Slade Wilson is cold, blunt, and irascible, being more than willing to leave Lex Luthor's yacht when he warned the latter not to waste his time, but seemed quite interested after hearing his proposition to start "a league of their own" in response to the Justice League's formation and resurrection of Superman.
- Deathstroke Armor: When in the field, Deathstroke dons an armored orange-and-black bodysuit and helmet.
- Swords: Wilson actively employs the use of two swords as part of his arsenal.
- Handgun: Slade has a handgun holstred on his right thigh.
- Lex Luthor - Recruiter
- In DC Comics, Deathstroke is a reoccurring enemy of the Teen Titans, and one of the most formidable foes of Batman.
- The costume he wears in Justice League is the near-same as in the video game, Batman: Arkham Origins. The similarities include the orange areas around his chest, a pop-out collar-like neck armor, and heavy shoulder plates with similar design patterns. The only noticeable difference being a black chevron on the top of the movie version's helmet.
Behind the Scenes
- Joe Manganiello was uncredited for his appearance in Justice League.
- Before Joe Manganiello was cast as Deathstroke, Stephen Lang, Ron Perlman, and Arnold Schwarzenegger were considered for the role of Deathstroke.
- Deathstroke was originally supposed to be heavily featured in the Ben Affleck-directed The Batman, but after Affleck left the director's chair to focus on his portrayal of Bruce Wayne/Batman and Matt Reeves took over the film, his role (if he still has one) is up in the air.
- Deathstroke in the DC Extended Universe is the fifth live-action incarnation of the character, following incarnations portrayed by Antonio Sabàto, Jr, Michael Hogan, Jeffery C. Robinson and Manu Bennett.
Behind the Scenes
- ↑ Deathstroke Will Be Main Villain in Ben Affleck’s Batman Movie (Exclusive) - The Wrap
- ↑ Terrio, Chris, Whedon, Joss (writers) & Snyder, Zack (director) (November 17, 2017). Justice League.