- "Guys, I don't believe in violence, but I think we should kick this guy's butt, like, really hard."
- ―Darla Dudley to the Shazam Family[src]
Darla Dudley is Billy Batson's youngest foster sibling at his new home, who cares for her foster siblings, like Billy. Eventually, she and the rest of her foster siblings gained the powers of Shazam.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Personality
- 3 Powers and abilities
- 4 Equipment
- 5 Relationships
- 6 References
- 7 External links
Meeting Billy Batson
One day, she is informed by Victor and Rosa that they would be adopting a new foster child into the family, Billy Batson. Excited to have a new brother, Darla decided to make a little poster welcoming him home. Later past sunset, when Victor and Rosa come home with Billy, Darla is excited to meet him and runs over to hug him, eager to accept him into the family. When she took Billy's hand to show him the poster she made, she was disappointed to see that it had been ruined by Pedro's dumbbells. She then runs over to the kitchen with Victor when the kitchen alarm goes off.
The next day at school, while the kids are walking, Darla tells Billy about the school, principal, and even the security machine they have, although it has been getting on Billy's nerves quite a bit. When she says bye to him, Billy tells her that they are not siblings, which saddens her and she walks off with Freddy.
After school is over, Darla witnesses Freddy getting bullied by Brett and Burke Breyer, and tries to stand up for him, but it fails. After Billy fights them and distracts them by running off, Darla, along with the rest of the siblings, go over to Freddy to make sure he's alright.
Later that night, she wakes up in the middle of the night to see Freddy return home with Billy in his superhero form, both whom are hiding in her room. Through this, she eventually finds out that Billy is a superhero, and even witnesses Billy using "Shazam" to change back to his child form. Although she is excited to discover this, her brothers convince her to keep it a secret from the rest of the family.
One day, Darla is sitting in the living room with Mary, Eugene, and Pedro while listening to Victor scold Billy for his irresponsible actions. When her siblings notice Freddy talking to Shazam on the TV and figure out that Billy is the superhero, Darla excitedly confirms that this is true. A little later, she follows them into Billy's room to comfort him, and even witnesses them revealing to Billy who his biological mother is. When Billy runs out to see his mom, Darla is about to chase after him as well, but Mary informs her that they'll wait. Not too long after, she opens the door to Freddy, who is followed by Thaddeus Sivana, who then proceeds to take them hostage until Billy comes home.
Fighting Thaddeus Sivana
Darla and the rest of her foster siblings were in the living room, being held hostage by Sivana. Later, when the superhero arrived back home to confront Sivana, Eugene was amazed to see the hero standing right there. A few minutes later, when the superhero entered the Rock of Eternity to give up his powers to Sivana and save his family, Darla and the other siblings followed them inside and brought "weapons" to confront Sivana and save their brother.
While the group followed Darla in an attempt to escape, they came across a lot of doors, hoping this could be a way out. Eugene opened one door, but noticed crocodile-men, and immediately closed the door. Eventually, Billy helped get them out, and they all ran over to Christmas Village to hide from Sivana. Darla is threatened along with the rest of her foster siblings by Thaddeus Sivana in order to gain Shazam's power. However, all of them were granted the power of Shazam, allowing them to defeat the villain and his demonic allies.
A new hangout
After their fight with Sivana and the Sins, Darla and her brothers returned to the Rock. Billy put the Eye back and re-imprisoned the Sins. They proceeded to sit down on six of the thrones before noticing there was an empty seventh throne.
Lunch with Shazam and Superman
One day at lunch, while Freddy was sitting, alone, Darla and the rest of his siblings went over to Freddy's table, as they have made a special arrangement. She is present when the champion walks in, sits down with Freddy, and talk about how great of a person he is. She also witnesses Superman walking in to sit down and have lunch with them.
Darla and her other brothers were contacted by Billy and Freddy about a robbery going on in a museum. They meet at the lockers, where they transformed into their superhero alter-egos and headed for the museum. They arrived and quickly intervened. Darla and Pedro each took down a gunner by hand, Pedro bending the barrels of one of the miniguns in the process, while her brothers stopped the other thugs. The robbers were detained and the art was returned. The robbers were detained and the art was returned.
- "Silence makes me uncomfortable."
"She's almost never uncomfortable."
- ―Darla Dudley and Eugene Choi[src]
Darla is an energetic and effusive little girl who loves hugs. As a manifestation of her personality, she has a tendency to use her super speed more so than any of her siblings. She also makes a point for "Santa" to know she's been a good girl. She is always very eager to quickly accept her foster siblings into the family, especially Billy. Darla also enjoys eating vegan food whenever possible, as a result of her strong love of animals. However, she was arguably too young to handle cooking on her own. Nevertheless, her parents encouraged her to try, usually responding with good-humored jokes when she cooked irresponsibly, as she always strongly regretted doing so.
Powers and abilities
- "Guys, I think I can move really... fast."
- ―Darla Dudley and Freddy Freeman[src]
- Divine empowerment: After shouting Shazam!, while holding the Magician's staff, Darla was given the ability to transform. When transformed, Darla has many powers and abilities, which exceed the capabilities of human beings.
- Superhuman strength: Darla is superhumanly strong, as she was able to lift two civilians with one hand while saving them from the Ferris wheel.
- Superhuman speed: Darla's main power is immense superhuman speed, as she is faster than even the other Shazam Family members, possibly even on par with Superman and the Flash in speed, because Darla is seen as a blurred figure while running, with others seeming almost frozen in space from her perspective. With this power, Darla was able to save several civilians, and outpace most of the Seven Sins.
- Flight: Darla is able to fly in her superhero form.
- Superhuman reflexes: Darla's reflexes are enhanced to the point that she can easily dodge a lightning bolt thrown at her by Sivana.
- Darla's suit: When empowered as her Super Hero, Darla wears a sleeveless costume that is colored in purple, with a lightning bolt symbol on her chest. It also has a white cape with a hood and gold trim.
|Members||Billy Batson (leader) | Freddy Freeman | Mary Bromfield | Darla Dudley | Eugene Choi | Pedro Peña|