Ruler of Apokolips
Uxas, known to all as Darkseid, became the ruler of Apokolips and a phenomenally powerful force, ultimately becoming the strongest of the New Gods. Eventually, his uncle Steppenwolf was defeated over Earth, and Darkseid vowed revenge. Thousands of years later, Darkseid ordered his uncle, whom he had commanded through fear, to retrieve the Mother Boxes hidden on the Terran homeworld. However, his disciple was defeated by the members of the Justice League.
Powers and abilities
- New God physiology: As the ruler of Apokolips, Darkseid is one of the most powerful of the New Gods, superior to even Steppenwolf, who would not dare challenge him despite having grown tired from being subservient to Darkseid.
- Immortality: Darkseid is immortal, having ruled Apokolips for many eons.
- Leadership skills: Being the ruler of Apokolips and having the absolute loyalty of all his New God subjects, it is certain that Darkseid is an extremely skillful leader.
- Mother Boxes: Darkseid and his forces utilize Mother Boxes to travel throughout space and terraform conquered planets.
Behind the scenes
- In DC Comics, Uxas, the younger pre-Darkseid version of the character was pure hatred personified. He was the son of Yuga Khan (the ruler of Apokolips) and Heggra. Uxas wanted the throne for himself even though his brother, Drax, was next in the line of succession. Turning on Drax, Uxas stopped him from gaining the power of the Omega Force and claimed the power for himself, becoming the ruler of Apokolips taking the name "Darkseid". A merciless tyrant who demanded unwavering devotion and abject fear from all his subjects. He was a major player in the cosmic war that was the Final Crisis.
- Storyboard details of Zack Snyder's original cut of Justice League shows that Darkseid was supposed to be introduced in the film. The storyboard shows an alternate storyline, in which Superman had a vision of the Mother Boxes successfully merging to form the Unity and destroy the Earth, leading to the alternate future Batman witnessed in his vision.
- A deleted scene from Justice League showed Diana visiting Themyscira and learning about Darkseid and Steppenwolf's previous invasion on a mural. 
- The familial relation of Darkseid and Steppenwolf varied while Justice League was still in production. Versions of the script had Darkseid and Steppenwolf as brothers, the children of Heggra, but the final version has Darkseid as Steppenwolf's nephew.
- In Zack Snyder's Justice League, Darkseid was portrayed by Ray Porter, providing the character's voice and motion capture.