This article is about upcoming content and is subject to change.
You can help the DC Extended Universe Wiki by adding new information when it becomes available.
Black Adam is an upcoming 2021 superhero film, based on the DC Comics anti-hero of the same name. The film will serve as a prequel to Shazam! and it will be the twelfth installment in the DC Extended Universe. It is scheduled for release on December 22, 2021.
- Dwayne Johnson as Teth-Adam/Black Adam
- To be confirmed actress as Adrianna Tomaz/Isis
- To be confirmed actor as Kent Nelson/Doctor Fate
- To be confirmed actor as Khufu/Carter Hall/Hawkman
- To be confirmed actress as Chay-Ara/Shiera Sanders/Hawkgirl
- To be confirmed actress as Inza Nelson
- To be confirmed actor as Nabu
- To be confirmed actress as Maxine Hunkel/Cyclone
To be added
To be added
To be added
To be added
On August 28, 2018, when asked about the status of Black Adam by Collider, Dany Garcia said "Black Adam is definitely happening. We’re actually very deep into a script on it right now, which is coming along really well. I’m really excited about the story we’ve crafted." Garcia revealed that Adam Styzkiel had written a script and that they had been reviewing it.
Initially set to be introduced in Shazam!, by January 2017 the production studios involved divided the narrative of Shazam and Black Adam to focus on the latter's superhero origin, and downfall into villainy. By October 2017, Adam Sztykiel was hired as the screenwriter. In November 2017, TheWrap reported that the super-villain might be introduced in the Suicide Squad 2 before the solo film. Co-producer Hiram Garcia stated the film will be gritty and violent, similar to the comics.
On November 14, 2019, Dwayne Johnson released a teaser poster for the movie with a release date for December 22, 2021.
In September 2014, Dwayne Johnson was cast to portray Black Adam in the DC Extended Universe. On November 21, 2019, Heroic Hollywood reported that the film will include Black Adam's love interest, Isis, with casting yet to be confirmed. On November 30, 2019, the film is reported to include iconic JSA characters like Hawkman, Doctor Fate, and Hawkgirl.
Principal photography supposedly is scheduled to begin in late 2019. In April 2018, Johnson said that the script of the film had been completed and it might start filming at the end of 2019, after completing Jumanji 3 and Red Notice. On October 18, 2018, Dwayne Johnson revealed on Twitter that production for the film will begin in July 2020.
On November 19, 2019, Grace Randolph of Beyond The Trailer reported a rumor that Dwayne Johnson was eyeing a one-on-one fight between Black Adam and Superman for a potential sequel. She said that since Henry Cavill was repped by Dany Garcia, co-founder of Seven Bucks Productions and producer on Shazam! and Black Adam and Johnson's ex-wife, it should be expected that Johnson would like to have Cavill reprise the role for the showdown.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 'Shazam!' Spin-Off 'Black Adam' Finds Director with 'Shallows' Filmmaker
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Black Adam Release Date Revealed by Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson - Comic Book
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 "Dwayne Johnson's DC Villain Black Adam Getting His Own Movie" - The Hollywood Reporter
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 Dwayne Johnson’s ‘Black Adam’ Will Feature Doctor Fate & Isis (Exclusive)
- ↑ EXCLUSIVE: New ‘BLACK ADAM’ Script Features Hawkman, Atom Smasher and Stargirl
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 REPORT: Black Adam Film Adds Another JSA Hero To Its Cast
- ↑ Black Adam film reportedly to feature Hawkgirl
- ↑ Black Adam Movie Adds Cyclone To Its JSA Roster: EXCLUSIVE
- ↑ "Exclusive: ‘Black Adam’ Producer Hiram Garcia Gives Update on Dwayne Johnson’s DC Film" - Collider
- ↑ http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/dwayne-johnsons-dc-villain-black-adam-getting-his-own-movie-966008
- ↑ http://www.tracking-board.com/undateable-creator-adam-sztykiel-to-write-dwayne-johnsons-black-adam-movie-for-dc-new-line-exclusive/
- ↑ https://www.thewrap.com/suicide-squad-2-the-rock-black-adam-exclusive
- ↑ https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/why-dwayne-johnson-isnt-shazam-1138055
- ↑ Justice Society of America Will Appear in DC Comics Movie ‘Black Adam,’ Star Dwayne Johnson Says
- ↑ 
- ↑ https://thegww.com/dwayne-johnsons-black-adam-now-eyeing-production-start-next-fall
- ↑ 
- ↑ Black Adam: Dwayne Johnson Says Shazam Spin-Off Will Shoot In Summer 2020
- ↑ BLACK ADAM FILMS SUMMER 2020 CONFIRMS DWAYNE JOHNSON
- ↑ Henry Cavill Superman Rumored For Black Adam 2 With Dwayne Johnson - Cosmic Book News
|Films in the DC Extended Universe|
|Films||Man of Steel • Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice • Suicide Squad • Wonder Woman • Justice League • Aquaman • Shazam! • Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)|
|Upcoming films||Wonder Woman 1984 • The Batman • The Suicide Squad • Black Adam • Shazam! 2 • The Flash • Aquaman 2|
|Announced films||Batgirl • Blackhawk • Blue Beetle • Cyborg • Deathstroke • Gotham City Sirens • Green Lantern Corps • Justice League Dark • Justice League sequel • Lobo • Man of Steel 2 • Nightwing • Plastic Man • Supergirl • The New Gods • The Trench|