This article is about upcoming content and is subject to change. You can help the DC Extended Universe Wiki by when it becomes available.
- "Five thousand years ago, Kahndaq was a melting pot of cultures, wealth, power, and magic. Yet, most of us have nothing, except for the chains around our necks. Kahndaq needed a hero, instead, they got me. I did what needed to be done and they imprisoned me for it. Now, five thousand years later, I'm free and I give you my word... No one will ever stop me again."
- ―Black Adam[src]
Black Adam is an upcoming superhero film, based on the DC Comics anti-hero of the same name. The film will serve as a prequel to Shazam! and eleventh installment in the DC Extended Universe, and it is scheduled to be released on July 29, 2022.
To be added
To be added
- Dwayne Johnson as Teth-Adam/Black Adam
- Noah Centineo as Albert Rothstein/Atom Smasher
- Aldis Hodge as Khufu/Carter Hall/Hawkman
- Quintessa Swindell as Maxine Hunkel/Cyclone
- Pierce Brosnan as Kent Nelson/Doctor Fate
- Sarah Shahi as Professor Adrianna Tomaz
- Marwan Kenzari
- James Cusati-Moyer
- Bodhi Sabongui
- Mo Amer
To be added
To be added
To be added
On August 28, 2018, when asked about the status of Black Adam by Collider, Dany Garcia said "Black Adam is definitely happening. We’re actually very deep into a script on it right now, which is coming along really well. I’m really excited about the story we’ve crafted." Garcia revealed that Adam Styzkiel had written a script and that they had been reviewing it.
Initially set to be introduced in Shazam!, by January 2017 the production studios involved divided the narrative of Shazam and Black Adam to focus on the latter's superhero origin, and downfall into villainy. By October 2017, Adam Sztykiel was hired as the screenwriter. In November 2017, TheWrap reported that the super-villain might be introduced in the Suicide Squad 2 before the solo film. Co-producer Hiram Garcia stated the film will be gritty and violent, similar to the comics.
On November 14, 2019, Dwayne Johnson released a teaser poster for the movie with a release date for December 22, 2021.
On August 22, 2020, during its panel for DC Fandome, Dwayne revealed that this project had been in development for 10+ years. He also went onto say that for him, he admires that Black Adam is an antihero, and blurs the line between good and evil. He also liked that this character's origin story is rooted in slavery, because it really informs the audience just how Black Adam deliver his own sense of justice onto people. 
On November 30, 2019, the film is reported to include iconic JSA characters like Hawkman, Doctor Fate, Atom Smasher, and Cyclone. On July 16, 2020, Noah Centineo was cast to portray Atom Smasher in the film. On September 25, 2020, Aldis Hodge was cast to portray Hawkman in the film. On December 14, 2020, The Hollywood Reporter announced that Quintessa Swindell was cast to portray Cyclone in the film. On March 24, 2021, The Hollywood Reporter announced that Pierce Brosnan joined the cast as Doctor Fate.
On April 7, 2021, Deadline reported that James Cusati-Moyer had joined the cast in an undisclosed role and the next day, The Hollywood Reporter reported that Bodhi Sabongui had also joined the cast in a key role.
Principal photography supposedly is scheduled to begin in late 2019. In April 2018, Johnson said that the script of the film had been completed and it might start filming at the end of 2019, after completing Jumanji 3 and Red Notice. On October 18, 2018, Dwayne Johnson revealed on Twitter that production for the film will begin in July 2020. On July 22, 2020, The Hollywood Reporter reported that Black Adam will likely won't begin filming until 2021 due to Dwayne Johnson's commitment to Red Notice. On February 17, 2021, The Hollywood Reporter reported that the film will start production this April in Atlanta. On, April 7, 2021, Dwayne Johnson revealed that the film would begin production the same week. On, April 10, 2021, Dwayne Johnson confirmed that the film had officially begun production.
On November 19, 2019, Grace Randolph of Beyond The Trailer reported a rumor that Dwayne Johnson was eyeing a one-on-one fight between Black Adam and Superman for a potential sequel. She said that since Henry Cavill was repped by Dany Garcia, co-founder of Seven Bucks Productions and producer on Shazam! and Black Adam and Johnson's ex-wife, it should be expected that Johnson would like to have Cavill reprise the role for the showdown.
To be added
- 'Shazam!' Spin-Off 'Black Adam' Finds Director with 'Shallows' Filmmaker
- "Dwayne Johnson Teases His ‘Black Adam’ Transformation, Says it Will Change the DCEU" - Collider
- Aldis Hodge to Play Hawkman in DC Films’ ‘Black Adam’
- From @TheRock. A disruptive and unstoppable force of a message from the man in black himself. BLACK ADAM is coming July 29, 2022. The hierarchy of power in the DC Universe is about to change.
- "Dwayne Johnson's DC Villain Black Adam Getting His Own Movie" - The Hollywood Reporter
- EXCLUSIVE: New ‘BLACK ADAM’ Script Features Hawkman, Atom Smasher and Stargirl
- Noah Centineo Joins Dwayne Johnson in 'Shazam!' Spinoff 'Black Adam' As Atom Smasher
- Dwayne Johnson’s ‘Black Adam’ Will Feature Doctor Fate & Isis (Exclusive)
- 'Black Adam': Aldis Hodge in Talks to Play Hawkman in New Line's DC Movie
- 'Black Adam' Finds Its Cyclone with 'Trinkets' Star Quintessa Swindell (Exclusive)
- 'Black Adam': Pierce Brosnan to Play DC Hero Dr. Fate Opposite Dwayne Johnson (Exclusive)
- Sarah Shahi Joins Dwayne Johnson In New Line And DC Films’ ‘Black Adam’ - Deadline
- ‘Black Adam': Sarah Shahi Joins Dwayne Johnson Superhero Movie - The Wrap
- Dwayne Johnson's 'Black Adam' Casts 'Old Guard' Scene-Stealer Marwan Kenzari (Exclusive)
- ‘Black Adam’: Dwayne Johnson DC Movie Adds Tony Nominee James Cusati-Moyer
- 'Black Adam': 13-Year-Old Bodhi Sabongui Nabs Key Role in New Line's DC Movie (Exclusive)
- ‘Black Adam’: Stand-Up Comedian Mo Amer Boards Dwayne Johnson New Line DC Movie
- "Exclusive: ‘Black Adam’ Producer Hiram Garcia Gives Update on Dwayne Johnson’s DC Film" - Collider
- Black Adam Release Date Revealed by Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson - Comic Book
- Justice Society of America Will Appear in DC Comics Movie ‘Black Adam,’ Star Dwayne Johnson Says
- Black Adam film panel - DC Fandome
- Dwayne Johnson Confirms That ‘Black Adam’ Will Feature DC Characters Hawkman, Dr. Fate & Cyclone - Deadline
- ‘The Batman’ Delayed to 2022; Warner Bros. Shifts ‘The Matrix 4’, ‘The Flash’ and More
- Black Adam: Dwayne Johnson Says Shazam Spin-Off Will Shoot In Summer 2020
- BLACK ADAM FILMS SUMMER 2020 CONFIRMS DWAYNE JOHNSON
- Hollywood Charges Forward With Production Plans Despite Virus Surge
- Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson on Instagram - April 10, 2021
- Henry Cavill Superman Rumored For Black Adam 2 With Dwayne Johnson - Cosmic Book News
|Films in the DC Extended Universe|
|Released||Man of Steel • Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice • Suicide Squad • Wonder Woman • Justice League • Aquaman • Shazam! • Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) • Wonder Woman 1984 • Zack Snyder's Justice League|
|Upcoming||The Suicide Squad • Black Adam • The Flash • Aquaman 2 • Shazam! Fury of the Gods|
|In development||Wonder Woman 3 • Blue Beetle • Zatanna|