- "5,000 years ago, Kahndaq was a melting pot of cultures, wealth, power, and magic. Yet, most of us have nothing, except for the chains around our necks. Kahndaq needed a hero, instead, they got me. I did what needed to be done and they imprisoned me for it. Now, 5,000 years later, I'm free and I give you my word. No one will ever stop me again."
- ―Black Adam[src]
- 1 Synopsis
- 2 Plot
- 3 Cast
- 4 Appearances
- 5 Production
- 6 Potential sequel
- 7 Music
- 8 Gallery
- 9 References
- 10 External links
To be added
To be added
- Dwayne Johnson as Teth-Adam/Black Adam
- Noah Centineo as Albert Rothstein/Atom Smasher
- To be confirmed actor as Kent Nelson/Doctor Fate
- Aldis Hodge as Khufu/Carter Hall/Hawkman
- To be confirmed actress as Maxine Hunkel/Cyclone
- Djimon Hounsou as Shazam
- Sarah Shahi
To be added
To be added
To be added
On August 28, 2018, when asked about the status of Black Adam by Collider, Dany Garcia said "Black Adam is definitely happening. We’re actually very deep into a script on it right now, which is coming along really well. I’m really excited about the story we’ve crafted." Garcia revealed that Adam Styzkiel had written a script and that they had been reviewing it.
Initially set to be introduced in Shazam!, by January 2017 the production studios involved divided the narrative of Shazam and Black Adam to focus on the latter's superhero origin, and downfall into villainy. By October 2017, Adam Sztykiel was hired as the screenwriter. In November 2017, TheWrap reported that the super-villain might be introduced in the Suicide Squad 2 before the solo film. Co-producer Hiram Garcia stated the film will be gritty and violent, similar to the comics.
On November 14, 2019, Dwayne Johnson released a teaser poster for the movie with a release date for December 22, 2021.
On August 22, 2020, during its panel for DC Fandome, Dwayne revealed that this project had been in development for 10+ years. He also went onto say that for him, he admires that Black Adam is an antihero, and blurs the line between good and evil. He also liked that this character's origin story is rooted in slavery, because it really informs the audience just how Black Adam deliver his own sense of justice onto people. 
On October 5, 2020, the film was pushed to an unknown date.
In September 2014, Dwayne Johnson was cast to portray Black Adam in the DC Extended Universe. On November 30, 2019, the film is reported to include iconic JSA characters like Hawkman, Doctor Fate, Atom Smasher, and Cyclone. On July 16, 2020, Noah Centineo was cast to portray Atom Smasher in the film. On September 25, 2020, Aldis Hodge was cast to portray Hawkman in the film. On October 14, 2020, Sarah Shahi joined the cast in an unknown role.
Principal photography supposedly is scheduled to begin in late 2019. In April 2018, Johnson said that the script of the film had been completed and it might start filming at the end of 2019, after completing Jumanji 3 and Red Notice. On October 18, 2018, Dwayne Johnson revealed on Twitter that production for the film will begin in July 2020. On July 22, 2020, The Hollywood Reporter reported that Black Adam will likely won't begin filming until 2021 due to Dwayne Johnson's commitment to Red Notice.
On November 19, 2019, Grace Randolph of Beyond The Trailer reported a rumor that Dwayne Johnson was eyeing a one-on-one fight between Black Adam and Superman for a potential sequel. She said that since Henry Cavill was repped by Dany Garcia, co-founder of Seven Bucks Productions and producer on Shazam! and Black Adam and Johnson's ex-wife, it should be expected that Johnson would like to have Cavill reprise the role for the showdown.
To be added
Logos, posters & banners
- 'Shazam!' Spin-Off 'Black Adam' Finds Director with 'Shallows' Filmmaker
- "Dwayne Johnson Teases His ‘Black Adam’ Transformation, Says it Will Change the DCEU" - Collider
- Aldis Hodge to Play Hawkman in DC Films’ ‘Black Adam’
- "Dwayne Johnson's DC Villain Black Adam Getting His Own Movie" - The Hollywood Reporter
- EXCLUSIVE: New ‘BLACK ADAM’ Script Features Hawkman, Atom Smasher and Stargirl
- Noah Centineo Joins Dwayne Johnson in 'Shazam!' Spinoff 'Black Adam' As Atom Smasher
- Dwayne Johnson’s ‘Black Adam’ Will Feature Doctor Fate & Isis (Exclusive)
- 'Black Adam': Aldis Hodge in Talks to Play Hawkman in New Line's DC Movie
- Black Adam Movie Adds Cyclone To Its JSA Roster: EXCLUSIVE
- "The Rock Warns Black Adam Won't Be a Typical DC Superhero" - Comic Book
- Sarah Shahi Joins Dwayne Johnson In New Line And DC Films’ ‘Black Adam’
- "Exclusive: ‘Black Adam’ Producer Hiram Garcia Gives Update on Dwayne Johnson’s DC Film" - Collider
- Black Adam Release Date Revealed by Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson - Comic Book
- Justice Society of America Will Appear in DC Comics Movie ‘Black Adam,’ Star Dwayne Johnson Says
- Black Adam film panel - DC Fandome
- Dwayne Johnson Confirms That ‘Black Adam’ Will Feature DC Characters Hawkman, Dr. Fate & Cyclone - Deadline
- ‘The Batman’ Delayed to 2022; Warner Bros. Shifts ‘The Matrix 4’, ‘The Flash’ and More
- Black Adam: Dwayne Johnson Says Shazam Spin-Off Will Shoot In Summer 2020
- BLACK ADAM FILMS SUMMER 2020 CONFIRMS DWAYNE JOHNSON
- Hollywood Charges Forward With Production Plans Despite Virus Surge
- Henry Cavill Superman Rumored For Black Adam 2 With Dwayne Johnson - Cosmic Book News
|Films in the DC Extended Universe|
|Released||Man of Steel • Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice • Suicide Squad • Wonder Woman • Justice League • Aquaman • Shazam! • Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)|
|Upcoming||Wonder Woman 1984 • The Suicide Squad • The Flash • Aquaman 2 • Shazam! Fury of the Gods • Black Adam|
|In development||Cyborg • Gotham City Sirens • The New Gods • The Trench • Supergirl|