This article is about upcoming content and is subject to change.
You can help the DC Extended Universe Wiki by adding new information when it becomes available.
- "Seven thrones of seven wizards. But long ago, we chose a champion and we chose recklessly. He used his power for revenge, releasing the Seven Deadly Sins into your world. Millions of lives were lost. Entire civilizations erased from existence. That is why I vowed never to pass on my magic until I find one truly good person. Strong in spirit, pure in heart."
- ―Shazam to Billy Batson[src]
Teth-Adam, also known as Black Adam, is the former champion of the wizard Shazam. Due to his great heroic acts, he became the ruler of Kahndaq and formed a family. However, after his family was murdered, Adam unleashed the Seven Deadly Enemies of Man to kill the murderers of his family and the people of Kahndaq, killing millions. Due to this terrible act, he was imprisoned by Shazam in the confines of the Earth.
Becoming a Champion
But while he was off fighting someone else's war, his family was murdered by criminals. This turn of events led Teth-Adam to protect Kahndaq by any means necessary, resorting to brutality and ruthlessness, so he intentionally unleashed the Seven Deadly Enemies of Man upon the criminals who killed his family and the people of Kahndaq, in which killed millions.
In response to such harsh acts, the Wizard plagued him with the name "Black Adam", before leaving him entombed ever since. It was only until the modern era that the Wizard Shazam would choose a new champion - Billy Batson.
Initially, Teth-Adam was heroic and courageous, which led to him being chosen as the first champion of the wizard Shazam and his brothers. However, after his family was murdered by criminals, he became brutal and ruthless, and this led him to release the Seven Deadly Sins upon the murderers of his family and the people of Kahndaq, killing millions.
Powers and Abilities
Divine Empowerment: The Wizard Shazam imbued Teth-Adam with the Wisdom of Solomon, the Strength of Hercules, the Stamina of Atlas, the Power of Zeus, the Courage of Achilles, and the Speed of Mercury. By invoking the wizard's name, Teth-Adam could activate these mighty attributes.
- Superhuman Intelligence: To Be Added
- Superhuman Strength: To Be Added
- Nigh-Invulnerability: To Be Added
- Superhuman Speed: To Be Added
- Superhuman Stamina: To Be Added
- Electricity Manipulation: Teth-Adam channeled the Power of Zeus to unleash divine bolts of lightning upon Kahndaq, destroying that which confined the Seven Deadly Sins.
- Flight: Teth-Adam was seen flying over Kahndaq.
To be added
- Black Adam's Suit: When empowered as Black Adam, Teth-Adam wears a black bodysuit, with a lightning bolt on his chest. It also has a black cape with a hood and a gold trim.
- The name Teth-Adam is a Hebrew nickname interpreted as subhuman. It is used to describe someone who is inhumane. This indicates this is may not his original name, rather a derogatory name given to him by the wizard Shazam and his brothers, to mark his evil, corrupted nature.
Behind the Scenes
- In 2005, New Line Cinema had been pushing the idea of a Billy Batson and the Legend of Shazam! live-action feature film, with Peter Segal as director and Michael Uslan as a producer. Actor and former wrestler Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson had agreed to appear in the film as Black Adam, but the project was ultimately abandoned. Nine years later, Johnson signed on to play Black Adam in the 2019 film Shazam!. However, in January 2017, it was announced that Black Adam would appear in his solo film instead, which would tell his chronicles.
- Black Adam was originally going to appear in The Suicide Squad as the main villain.