This article is about upcoming content and is subject to change. You can help the DC Extended Universe Wiki by when it becomes available.
Batgirl is an upcoming superhero film based on the DC Comics character of the same name. It will be an installment of the DC Extended Universe. The film is scheduled to release in December 2022.
To be added
To be added
- Leslie Grace as Officer Barbara Gordon/Batgirl
- J.K. Simmons as Commissioner James Gordon
- Brendan Fraser as Firefly
- Michael Keaton as Bruce Wayne/Batman
- Ivory Aquino as Alysia Yeoh
- Jacob Scipio as Anthony Bressi
- Rebecca Front
- Corey Johnson
- Ethan Kai
To be added
To be added
To be added
- Bressi Inc.
- Court of Owls
- Gotham 13 Live
- Gotham City Fire Department
- Gotham City Police Department
- Gotham Tattler
- Wayne Enterprises
In March 2017, Variety reported that Joss Whedon was nearing a deal to write, direct, and produce a Batgirl film for Warner Bros., which would have assumedly been part of the DCEU. After less than a year, it was reported in February 2018 that Whedon had exited the project, with him saying the reason for this was that he had failed to come up with a story.
In April 2018, it was reported that the film had been revived, with a new script by Bumblebee writer Christina Hodson. In December, Hodson confirmed this to be true when she was asked about the film's release and development, saying "[That's] above my paygrade. Not something I can speak to. But, yeah, I'm loving writing it; I can say that. It's a total joy to work on. I love the character. And every day I'm finding new things to love and get excited about."
In March of 2021, during an AT&T investor presentation, that the film was confirmed to be still in development. On May 19, 2021, The Hollywood Reporter reported that Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah were hired to direct the film, with Kristin Burr producing for the project, and that it was planned to be released on HBO Max. On September 23, 2021, Natalie Holt announced that she will be composing the score for the film. On, October 15, 2021, the directors revealed that Batman would appear in the film.
On July 19, 2021, Deadline reported that casting was underway for the main role of Batgirl, with actresses such as Isabela Merced, Zoey Deutch, Leslie Grace, and possibly Haley Lu Richardson expected to test for the role. On July 21, 2021, Deadline reported that Leslie Grace was officially cast as Barbara Gordon/Batgirl. On July 29, 2021, The Hollywood Reporter reported that J.K. Simmons is in negotiations to reprise his role as James Gordon, and that the film is looking to be released in 2022. 
On October 18, 2021, Deadline reported that Jacob Scipio had been cast in an undisclosed role, as well as confirming Simmons in the film. On October 25, 2021, Deadline reported that Brendan Fraser was cast as Firefly in the film.
On January 13, 2022, The Hollywood Reporter reported that Rebecca Front, Corey Johnson and Ethan Kai joined the cast of the film in undisclosed roles. On January 17, 2022, leaked set photos hinted that Ivory Aquino would have a role in the film. In January 25, 2022, Deadline officially announced that Ivory Aquino would be portraying Alysia Yeoh.
On March 31, 2022, it was announced that filming had officially wrapped.
- ‘Bad Boys for Life’ Filmmakers to Direct ‘Batgirl’ Movie for Warner Bros. (Exclusive)
- Natalie Holt on Twitter - September 23, 2021
- ‘Batgirl’: J. K. Simmons in Talks to Return to Batman Universe as Commissioner Gordon
- Bilall Fallah confirms Batgirl will take place in the DCEU - Instagram
- "‘Batgirl’: Leslie Grace Lands Role Of Barbara Gordon In New Warner Bros. & DC Film" - Deadline
- Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ‘Batgirl’ Enlists Brendan Fraser as Villain
- "Michael Keaton Added to Cast List for 'Batgirl' Movie Starring Leslie Grace" - Collider
- Leslie Grace @lesliegrace on Twitter
- ‘Batgirl’: Ivory Aquino To Play Alysia Yeoh, First Trans Character In A Live-Action DC Film
- New ‘Batgirl’ Set Photos Hint at Ivory Aquino Playing Alysia Yeoh
- Leslie Grace Just Dished Out Some Sweet Batgirl Scoop
- HBO Max’s ‘Batgirl’ Movie Adds Rebecca Front, Corey Johnson, and Ethan Kai (Exclusive)
- ‘Batgirl’ Movie: Joss Whedon to Direct Standalone Film (EXCLUSIVE) - Variety
- Joss Whedon Exits 'Batgirl' Movie (Exclusive) - The Hollywood Reporter
- 'Batgirl' Movie Back On, Now With 'Bumblebee' Writer (Exclusive)
- Yes, DC’s Batgirl Movie Is Still Happening - CinemaBlend
- 'Batgirl' and 'Zatanna' Projects Confirmed for HBO Max by Warner Bros.
- ‘Batgirl’: Talent Lines Up To Test For Barbara Gordon Role
- Jacob Scipio To Co-Star Opposite Leslie Grace In Warner Bros. and DC’s ‘Batgirl’
- Batgirl Glasgow: City to double up as Gotham City once again for filming of blockbuster flick
- Batgirl Director Reveals First Set Photo From HBO Max Movie
- Batgirl Star Leslie Grace Announces Filming Has Wrapped
|Films in the DC Extended Universe|
|Released||Man of Steel • Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice • Suicide Squad • Wonder Woman • Justice League • Aquaman • Shazam! • Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) • Wonder Woman 1984 • Zack Snyder's Justice League • The Suicide Squad|
|Upcoming||Black Adam • Shazam! Fury of the Gods • Batgirl • Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom • The Flash • Blue Beetle|
|In development||Wonder Woman 3 • Zatanna • The Amazons • Black Canary|