Doctor Strange in The Multiverse o Madness - The Loop
Do you like this video?
Themysciran beach battle
While aggressive in training and battle, Artemis is patient and wise. Just after the Amazons battle with the German soldiers on the beach of Themyscira she tells Steve Trevor to tell them what exactly is going on and why they came.
Powers and abilities
- Amazon physiology: Artemis, as an Amazon, is a quite powerful being, although surpassed by the demi-goddess Wonder Woman.
- Superhuman strength: Artemis has a level of superhuman strength. She easily knocked down several Amazons in training and was able to swiftly and easily defeat many invading German soldiers.
- Superhuman durability: Artemis has a level of superhuman durability to blunt force trauma, though she can be wounded by very sharp objects with sufficient force or bullets, leading Artemis to compensate with her axe and battle armor when gun-wielding Germans invaded Themyscira.
- Superhuman agility: Artemis has a superhuman level of agility, allowing her to jump off horseback and slice down German soldiers before they could properly respond, as well as dodge and weave around their attacks.
- Superhuman stamina: Artemis has a level of superhuman stamina, notably not needing to slow down or catch her breath during the German invasion of Themyscira.
- Longevity: Artemis, due to being an Amazon, has lived for millennia without visibly aging (with her predating the War of the Gods and the creation of Themyscira by Zeus), making her an ageless immortal, unless killed in combat.
- Master combatant: Artemis is a highly skilled combatant, a master of uniquely Amazonian martial arts, as well as an expert in most types of Amazonian weapons (especially her battleax), with centuries of combat experience, though she is not quite on par with the likes of Antiope, Hippolyta and Diana. Hence, she made short work of many German soldiers during the invasion of Themyscira. It appears that she, in fact, trains other Amazons in the art of warfare.
- Axe mastery: Artemis is very skilled in fighting with an axe, able to wield her axe with ease against several German soldiers.
- Master teacher: Artemis is an exceptional teacher in the combat arts of the Amazons, molding many Amazonian warriors into becoming highly skilled fighters.
- Omnilingualism: Artemis, as an Amazon, has the ability to fluently speak, read, and understand all human languages (even currently dead ones, like Ancient Greek, Latin, Sumerian, or Ottoman Turkish), as well as to instinctively identify a language's name when seeing its written form. Hence, she spoke fluent English when Steve Trevor visited the island.
- Battleax: Artemis has an axe as her weapon of choice, both in battle, and in training Princess Diana.
- In Greek myth, the Roman equivalent of Artemis is Diana.
- In the comics, a Bana-Mighdall Amazon named Artemis is a major ally of Wonder Woman. However the Artemis in DCEU is clearly a new creation unrelated to her.
|Individuals||Hippolyta (queen) | Diana | Antiope † | Menalippe | Venelia † | Phillipus | Acantha | Orana † | Timandra | Artemis | Aella | Penthesilea † | Egeria | Niobe | Trigona † | Euboea † | Epione | Mnemosyne | Eliana | Asteria|
|Equipment||Arrow of Artemis | Asteria's armor | Bracelets of Submission | God Killer | Lasso of Hestia | Sword of Athena | Wonder Woman's armor | Wonder Woman's first shield | Wonder Woman's second shield | Wonder Woman's third sword|
|Other||Themyscira | Themyscira throne room | Themyscira armory | Themyscira infirmary | Amazonian coliseum | Amazon Games|