This article is about upcoming content and is subject to change. You can help the DC Extended Universe Wiki by when it becomes available.
Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom is an upcoming superhero film based on the DC Comics superhero of the same name. The film is the sequel to Aquaman. It will be the thirteenth installment in the DC Extended Universe, and is scheduled for release on December 16, 2022.
Directed by James Wan, the film will star Jason Momoa as King Arthur Curry/Aquaman, alongside Amber Heard as Princess Mera, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II as David Kane/Black Manta, Patrick Wilson as Prince Orm Marius, Dolph Lundgren as King Nereus, Temuera Morrison as Tom Curry, Vincent Regan as King Atlan, Randall Park as Dr. Stephen Shin, Indya Moore as Karshon, and Jani Zhao as Stingray. Additionally, Pilou Asbæk has been cast in an undisclosed role.
To be added
To be added
- Jason Momoa as King Arthur Curry/Aquaman
- Amber Heard as Princess Mera
- Yahya Abdul-Mateen II as David Kane/Black Manta
- Patrick Wilson as Prince Orm Marius
- Dolph Lundgren as King Nereus
- Temuera Morrison as Tom Curry
- Jani Zhao as Stingray
- Indya Moore as Karshon
- Vincent Regan as King Atlan
- Randall Park as Dr. Stephen Shin
- Pilou Asbæk
To be added
To be added
In December 2018, The Hollywood Reporter announced via Warner Bros. Pictures' chairman, Toby Emmerich, that the studio was developing a sequel. Discussions of a followup film began during post-production when director James Wan confirmed to TotalFilm that the first film left room for further stories. Aquaman lead Jason Momoa announced to SyfyWire that he had the beginning for a sequel planned out, and that after a pitch to the studio through Emmerich and Safran, they were receptive and enthusiastic about his ideas. On November 26, 2019, Variety reported that Warner Bros. was hoping production on the film would begin in early 2021. On August 22, 2020, during the "Aquaman 2" panel for DC FanDome, James Wan revealed that the tone for the film would be more serious compared to its predecessor. Aquaman star Patrick Wilson expressed excitement for the potential world building in the sequel, which Wan went on to confirm would definitely be something the audience would get to see. Later, Wan went on to promise that he'd have 'splashy stuff to share' in 2022, since at the time he was in the early secretive stages of planning/designing for the film. On April 15, 2021, it was reported Pilou Asbæk joined the film in an undisclosed role. On June 10, 2021, director James Wan posted a picture on Instagram revealing the film's title to be Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom., On August 12, 2021, Rupert Gregson-Williams confirmed in a podcast he will return to score the film.
On March 12, 2021, it was reported that production on the film would begin in June in the United Kingdom, under the working title "Necrus". In May 2021, Jason Momoa confirmed in an appearance on The Drew Barrymore Show that the film would being shooting in July.
On June 28, 2021, James Wan announced on Instagram that they had officially begun filming.
- "Jason Momoa has already pitched his plan for Aquaman 2 to Warner Bros." - Syfy Wire
- Amber Heard Expects To Return As Mera In Aquaman 2
- "When To Expect Aquaman 2, According To Yahya Abdul-Mateen II" - CINEMABLEND
- "'Midway' Star Patrick Wilson on HBO's 'Watchmen,' 'Aquaman 2' and 'Conjuring 3'" - The Hollywood Reporter
- AQUAMAN 2: Patrick Wilson Confirmed For Ocean Master Return As James Wan Promises More Relevant Sequel
- Dolph Lungren talks about reprising Nereus in Aquaman sequel.
- "Aquaman 2: Temuera Morrison on returning to DC Comics series in The Lost Kingdom" - Express
- "‘Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom’ Casts Indya Moore, Jani Zhao and Vincent Regan (Exclusive)" - The Hollywood Reporter
- ‘Aquaman 2’: ‘Game Of Thrones’ Alum Pilou Asbaek Joins Jason Momoa In Sequel
- "‘Aquaman 2’ Will Again Feature James Wan’s Horror Sensibilities" - /Film
- "Amber Heard on Her Secret Passion, Elon Musk and a Splashy New Role" - The Hollywood Reporter
- "DC Films Plots Future With Superman, Green Lantern and R-Rated Movies (EXCLUSIVE)" - Variety
- Aquaman film panel - DC Fandome
- Fandom (@getFANDOM) - Twitter
- James Wan Reveals 'Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom'
- ‘Aquaman 2’ Eyes June 2021 Filming Start In UK (EXCLUSIVE)
- Aquaman 2 Starts Filming in July, Confirms Jason Momoa - Screen Rant
- James Wan on Instagram - June 28, 2021
|Films in the DC Extended Universe|
|Released||Man of Steel • Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice • Suicide Squad • Wonder Woman • Justice League • Aquaman • Shazam! • Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) • Wonder Woman 1984 • Zack Snyder's Justice League • The Suicide Squad|
|Upcoming||Black Adam • The Flash • Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom • Batgirl • Shazam! Fury of the Gods|
|In development||Blue Beetle • Wonder Woman 3 • Zatanna • The Amazons • Black Canary|