The Loop (Movies)
Do you like this video?
- This movie marks the DCEU/live-action debuts of Atlanna, Thomas Curry, Orm Marius, Black Manta, Nuidis Vulko, Nereus, and Jesse Kane.
- Nuidis Vulko was supposed to make his debut in the film Justice League, but his filmed scenes were ultimately cut from the final film.
- Aquaman is the first DCEU film where both main antagonists (Black Manta and Orm) unambiguously survive, after the deaths of Zod in Man of Steel, Doomsday in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Enchantress and Incubus in Suicide Squad, and Ares in Wonder Woman. Steppenwolf's fate in Justice League was ambiguous and he was killed by Darkseid in a deleted scene.
- When Orm confronts Nuidus Vulko about his support of Aquaman in secret, the latter tells him that Arthur is twice the king Orm is. This is similar to the scene in Man of Steel when Jor-El tells Zod that Superman is twice the man he is.
- This is the first DCEU film to gross $1 billion. This is also the first film not distributed by Disney or Universal since Transformers: Age of Extinction to gross $1 billion, the first DC film since The Dark Knight Rises and the first film not distributed by Disney, Universal or Paramount since The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (also the first film distributed by Warner Bros. since that film) to do so.￼
- This film is the first piece of DC media to redefine Orm's moniker of "Ocean Master": rather than just being a title Orm gives himself, it is a mantle (similar to an emperor) that must be earned.
- Additionally, this film is the first piece of DC media to show why David specifically chose his moniker "Black Manta" (as a means of honoring his father and grandfather).
- This film is also the first piece of DC media to describe how David created his suit's iconic eye lasers: by integrating pieces from an advanced Atlantean Plasma Rifle into his suit, he can convert water into beams of energized plasma.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.