Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
- "Now they worship machines, so I will build a machine that will destroy them all. Build your strength. Feed on them."
2016 was a year of the 21st century.
- 1 Events
- 1.1 January
- 1.2 February
- 1.3 March
- 1.4 April
- 1.5 May
- 1.6 June
- 1.7 August
- 1.8 October
- 1.9 November
- 1.10 December
- 2 Battles and conflicts
- 3 Deaths
- 4 References
- 5 External links
- El Diablo kills six people in Los Angeles without being appreanded.
- Capture of El Diablo: El Diablo accidentally burns his family alive and surrenders to the authorities.
- El Diablo torches several inmates while in federal prison, prompting a transfer to Belle Reve, where he's put inside a container capable of dousing fire.
- Wesley Rowe, a fake identity used by Barry Allen in 2017, had this date as the license issued date.
- Joker and Harley Quinn capture and tie Don Leo, a criminal boss who tried to take over the Joker's territory in Gotham.
- Joker kills Don Leo and acquires his criminal organization.
- The film The Angry Birds Movie is released.
- Files are updated and printed on criminals that Amanda Waller is interested in using for Task Force X.
- Enchantress releases her brother Incubus to possess the body of Gerard Davis.
- Midway City is besieged by the Enchantress and her brother Incubus.
- Kidnapping of Van Criss
- Harley Quinn, Captain Boomerang, Deadshot, Killer Croc, El Diablo and Slipknot are taken away from custodity and they are brought to Midway City International Airport.
- Task Force X is recruited to rescue HVT1 from Midway City.
- Rescue of Harley Quinn:
- Battle of Midway City:
- The last time any ship will reach a small city in Iceland, later rescued from starvation by Aquaman.
- "24K Magic" is released by Bruno Mars.
- The world mourns the death of Superman on the one-year anniversary of his death at the hands of Doomsday.
- Rescue at the Old Bailey Courthouse: Wonder Woman saves a group of civilians from a terrorist organization that attempted to blow up the Old Bailey Courthouse in London.
- Wayne Enterprises delivers Diana's photograph from World War I to her at the Louvre on behalf of Bruce Wayne. She is touched by receiving the image, and reminisces on her time with Steve Trevor and fighting in the war.
- According to LexCorp's chief financial officer the company anticipates continued growth and profitability through the end of 2016.
- Andrew Grimes receives an injury in the line of duty on which resulted in a broken collarbone and dislocated shoulder. He had been chasing a suspect down a fire escape and fell seven feet down onto the sidewalk hitting a vehicle that had been parked under the fire escape.
- A file of the Gotham City Police Department is compiled for the retribution of Andrew Grimes.
Battles and conflicts
- Return of Enchantress and Incubus
- Rescue at the Old Bailey Courthouse
- In Los Angeles
- Don Leo in Gotham City
- David Bowie in New York
- Prince in Chanhassen
- In Midway City
- Black Clad Alpha in London
|Before the 20th century||Before 19th century • 19th century|
|20th century||1900s • 1910s • 1920s • 1930s • 1940s • 1950s • 1960s • 1970s • 1980s • 1990s|
|21st century||2000s • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013 • 2014 • 2015 • 2016 • 2017 • 2018 • 2019 • 2020 • 2021 • 2022|
|After the 21st century||Far future|
- Lexical Analysis
- Justice League
- Suicide Squad
- Bergstrom, Signe (August 9, 2016). Suicide Squad: Behind the Scenes with the Worst Heroes Ever. United States: Harper Design.
- Bedard, Tony. Suicide Blonde. DC Comics, 2016.
- Time Out Shortlist Gotham and Metropolis
- Hodson, Christina (writer) & Yan, Cathy (director) (February 7, 2020). Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn).
- In Suicide Squad, all of Waller's files in the opening scene bear the date "Jun 15, 2016". It can be taken that this is when Waller is meeting to propose Task Force X, it is June 15, 2016 or a little later. This fits with it being several months after Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, which is set in November 2015. There is then a small time gap, and the rest of the film picks up. When Enchantress breaks free, Waller's phone shows "Friday, Aug 5". August 5th was a Friday in 2016 - the same day the film was released. Later in the film, Rick Flag says Enchantress broke free "3 days ago", making it August 8, 2016.
- Suicide Squad: The Official Movie Novelization
- Daily Planet check for Lois Lane
- In Zack Snyder's Justice League Bruce mentions his reason for trekking to the Icelandic village: He expected Aquaman to arrive on the king tide, which was the previous night. The only king tide between Superman's death and Steppenwolf's arrival started on November 13th, which means the king tide could only have come the previous day if the present day was November 14, 2017.
- Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- Wonder Woman
- The present day scenes of Wonder Woman take place between the events of Suicide Squad, dated to summer 2016, and Justice League, dated to January 2017. The film is therefore placed approximately in fall 2016.
- BATMAN OR SUPERMAN? - LEX/OS TO DRIVE RECORD PROFITS
- Daily Planet press pass