The Loop (Movies)
Do you like this video?
2013 was a year of the 21st century.
- A TIME newspaper edition has this date printed incorrectly after the Kryptonian invasion of December.
- "Black Skinhead" is released by Kanye West.
- An incident occurs on the LexCorp Tower construction site in Metropolis. It will be the last for 106 days.
- A issue of The Topeka Capital-Journal regarding the actions of Superman is released with this incorrect date.
- The NSA records Aquaman near the Tonga trench, where the Atlantean is found in the wreckage of a sunken ship. Curry attacks one UUV drone with his trident, while another drone records him swimming away at high speed, causing a sonic boom in his wake.
- Clark Kent gets a job as a busboy at a truck stop bar.
- Clark overhears a pair of soldiers talking about a discovery made on Ellesmere Island. At the same time one of the bar's patrons, a drunk trucker named Ludlow, begins harassing Clark's coworker, a waitress named Chrissy. Clark intervenes, asking him to leave, but Ludlow proceeds to throw an entire pitcher of beer into Clark's face. As Clark prepares to retaliate, Chrissy instead tells him that it wasn't worth the trouble. Agreeing, Clark begins to leave when Ludlow comments that he'd forgotten his 'tip', throwing a beer can at his back.
- While Ludlow is still drinking in the pub, Clark impales his rig on the logs it was carrying.
- Lois Lane arrives in a northern region in Canada to investigate a unique discovery that had been unearthed and is currently being kept under-wraps from the public by the military. Lois then meets with Colonel Hardy, Dr. Hamilton, and Officer Sedowsky, who inform her that a mysterious object buried deep within the ice is thousands of years old.
- Clark Kent discovers his heritage as Kal of the House of El.
- Clark Kent meets Lois Lane.
- Editor-in-chief of the Daily Planet Perry White refuses to print Lois Lane's Arctic accounts, since the military and Pentagon itself were denying the story even occurred, and Lois has no solid proof.
- Lois, not wanting to drop the story of her alien rescuer, seeks out gossip journalist Glen Woodburn to spread the story all over the internet while she retraces the steps of her rescuer.
- The animated series Rick and Morty is first aired.
- Capture of Deadshot: Batman receives information about the killer Floyd Lawton from Amanda Waller and captures him in front of his daughter while they were shopping for Christmas.
- A few days before the Battle of Metropolis, a Wayne Enterprises satellite takes images of Metropolis and Gotham City.
- Lois interviews Pete Ross, which leads her directly to Martha Kent, where she learns the name of her rescuer.
- Lois encounters Clark in the cemetery at the grave of his father, Jonathan Kent, and Clark tells her his story and why he doesn't want it to be told to the world. Lois comes to respect and admire Clark for what he's doing and, full of compassion for him, selflessly decides to drop the story.
- General Zod arrives on Earth and orders to Kal-El to surrender.
- Kal-El and Lois Lane are taken aboard a Black Zero dropship by Faora-Ul and presented to General Zod. The two have their minds probed before Zod and his forces head to Earth in search of the growth codex.
- Escape from Black Zero: Superman and Lois Lane escape after inserting the command key into Black Zero.
- Showdown in Smallville: After attacking Martha Kent, Kal-El battles General Zod, Faora and Nam-Ek with intervention from the US military before the hostile aliens retreat to their ship. Kal-El gains the trust of the military.
- Battle of Metropolis: General Zod attempts to terraform Earth into a new Krypton, but is stopped by Superman.
- Bruce Wayne watches the destruction of Metropolis as mankind is introduced to the Superman.
- Wallace Keefe loses his legs during the destruction of Metropolis.
- Thomas Kord, the owner and founder of the company Kord Industries, decides to expand his business by establishing a branch of Kord Industries in Metropolis during the rebuilding of the city following General Zod's defeat.
- After realizing that the military is spying on him using drones, Superman grabs one and slams it into the ground in front of Swanwick's car before telling him to convince Washington D.C. to trust him and that he's on their side but on his own terms.
- TIME publishes an important article regarding the Kryptonian invasion.
- To avoid the collapse of his company, Mark Hanford steals some Kryptonian weapons to sell them on the black market.
- Senator June Finch sets up a meeting with her fellow senators and General Elkins. At the United States Capitol in Washington, D.C., Finch leads the committee on the subject of Superman.
- General Elkins presents a CGI simulation of a male Kryptonian attacking a city such as Metropolis, fighting against F-35s.
- During a break and enter while stealing a pearl necklace from a safe, Pete Doumanian is caught by Batman, who kicks and breaks his legs, preventing him from burgling again anytime soon.
Battles and conflicts
- One Kryptonian service droid in Ellesmere Island
- In Metropolis
- ↑ Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Shazam!
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Suicide Squad
- ↑ Man of Steel Prequel
- ↑ 5.00 5.01 5.02 5.03 5.04 5.05 5.06 5.07 5.08 5.09 5.10 5.11 5.12 5.13 5.14 5.15 5.16 5.17 5.18 5.19 5.20 5.21 5.22 5.23 5.24 Man of Steel
- ↑ Man of Steel Deleted scenes
- ↑ Man of Steel Prop Lois Lane newspaper
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 8.4 8.5 Man of Steel spans some time from beginning to end. During the scenes in the Arctic, Lois' camera says "11/28/2013". The Battle of Metropolis then occurs a little after this, and then Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice shows that "18 months later", Kryptonite is found. Later in the film, Bruce says, during the main events, "The first sample [of Kryptonite] big enough to mean something turned up in the Indian Ocean 3 months ago." This therefore takes the film to approximately fall 2015. In the film, it is shown that Lex Luthor's party will be on "November 1st", suggesting it is November 1, 2015. This matches the fact that Superman flies off that evening to save someone during Día de Muertos celebrations, which would have started on the night of November 1–2, 2015. Later, it is shown on Diana's computer that it is "11:29pm" on "November 12th". This matches as November 12, 2015. This would suggest that the Kryptonite was found in August 2015, and then the Battle of Metropolis was in February 2014. However, Bruce, Lex, and a TV report all refer, during the main events of the film, to the Battle of Metropolis being "2 years" ago. This would suggest it was in 2013, and there does not seem to be 3 months between the Arctic scenes and the Battle of Metropolis in Man of Steel. It can be taken that the Battle of Metropolis was in late December 2013, a month after the Arctic, and 2 years before Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice in November 2015. The Kryptonite was then found a little over 18 months later, around July 2015, and then a little over 3 months later is the main events of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, in November 2015. This also matches with it being several months before the events of Suicide Squad, as is implied in that film - which dates itself to June–August 2016.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 9.4 9.5 Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
- ↑ Justice League
- ↑ In Suicide Squad, set in June–August 2016, it is shown that Floyd Lawton was arrested one recent Christmas-time. It is also shown that Zoe, Floyd's daughter, wrote one of many letters to him in his imprisonment on "07 SEPT 2014". This means the latest December Floyd can have been arrested in is December 2013. It cannot realistically be any earlier than this, due to Zoe looking the same as she does in 2016, and it being implied to be recent.
- ↑ LexCorp Facebook page
- ↑ Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice – Lex Luthor
- ↑ Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice – Lois Lane
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice – Senator Finch
- ↑ Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice – Cross Fire
- ↑ Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice – Batman
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.