The Loop (Movies)
Do you like this video?
This is a timeline of events that occurred during the 1980s.
- Kal-El is born to Jor-El and Lara Lor-Van.
- Jor-El discovers that the Kryptonian Law Council's decision to mine Krypton's core has destabilized the planet, which will soon implode.
- Battle of Krypton: General Zod attempts a coup d'état in Kandor on planet Krypton.
- Attack on the Council of Five: General Zod and the Sword of Rao arrive and conquer the legislation chamber where Jor-El is in session with them.
- Attack on the House of El Citadel: The Sword of Rao attacks the House of El Citadel in search of the growth codex.
- The infant Kal-El is successfully sent to Earth using a spaceship with a phantom drive.
- The Kryptonian Law Council sentence the remaining members of the Sword of Rao to 300 cycles of somatic reconditioning in the Phantom Zone.
- Krypton implodes, killing the Kryptonian race. Kryptonians are now an endangered species.
- General Zod and the Sword of Rao are released from the Phantom Zone after Krypton implodes. The Black Zero is retrofitted to enable Zod to traverse the cosmos.
- The film Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back is released, featuring the character Yoda.
- Jonathan and Martha Kent discover a crashed UFO on their farm containing a small boy who they take in and name Clark.
- Jonathan Kent and Martha Kent bring a six-month-old Clark to the doctor. Believing Clark to be suffering from colic, the doctor administers a hearing test, and Clark proceeds to scream so loud that he blows out the glass elements not just in the doctor's office, but in the windshields and storefront windows across town.
- The Mask of Zorro is re-released in the American theaters.
- Assassination of Thomas and Martha Wayne: Thomas and Martha Wayne are killed by a mugger, leaving their son Bruce Wayne orphaned and under the care of Alfred Pennyworth.
- The funeral of the Waynes occurs.
- During the funeral for his parents, Bruce Wayne breaks away from the service. As he runs, he stumbles across a decrepit area of the estate and falls into a cavern filled with numerous bats.
- This incident would later inspire him to use that fear to battle the criminal elements that took his parents' lives.
- "Super Freak" is released by Rick James.
- S.T.A.R. Labs acquire and begin to test one of the three Mother Boxes left after Steppenwolf invaded.
- "Eye of the Tiger" is released by Survivor.
- "Do You Really Want to Hurt Me" is released by Culture Club.
- The novel Pet Sematary is published by Stephen King.
- Lex Luthor is born.
- In Washington D.C., Wonder Woman faces off against the supervillain Cheetah.
- Steve Trevor is somehow resurrected and brought to present times.
- Metropolis Metrocab is established.
- Atlanna escapes and eventually washes ashore in Amnesty Bay, Maine, where she's found by Thomas Curry.
- Thomas Curry and Atlanna fall in love.
- Mera, princess of the Kingdom of Xebel, is born.
- Helena Bertinelli is born.
- According to the Daily Planet this is Clark Kent's birth year.
- A destructive hurrican named Arthur occurs.
- A photo of Atlanna, Arthur and Thomas Curry all together is taken. It is later contained in Arthur's Guide to Atlantis.
- The video game Street Fighter is released, featuring the fighting move "Hadouken."
- Attack on the Lighthouse: Elite Atlantean soldiers attack the lighthouse due to Atlanna's abandonment of her people, but she and her fiancé Thomas Curry manage to defeat them.
- Atlanna is forced to leave Thomas Curry and their son to go to Atlantis.
- Arthur has his last memories about his mother.
- "She's a Mystery to Me" is released by Roy Orbison.
- Clark Kent's superpowers emerge while in class one day, and his mother soon arrives to console him.
- ↑ In Man of Steel Pete Ross and Lana Lang are shown as direct classmates in school, so they should be born in the same year of Clark Kent, in 1980.
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 Man of Steel
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 3.8 3.9 In Man of Steel, in scenes set in December 2013, Kal-El says he has been on Earth "for 33 years", suggesting he arrived in 1980. Kal is typically found on June 18th, suggesting he landed on June 18, 1980. This matches the fact that Superman's date of birth is typically February 29th, a date which only occurs every 4 years, and occurred in 1980. Therefore, Kal was born on February 29, 1980, and landed on June 18, 1980, then December 2013 is 33 years later. This is supported when Zod says that they prepared "for 33 years".
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Justice League
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 Shazam!
- ↑ Man of Steel Prequel
- ↑ Man of Steel: The Official Movie Novelization
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 8.4 8.5 8.6 8.7 8.8 Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
- ↑ Excalibur on Wikipedia
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.3 10.4 10.5 10.6 Suicide Squad
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 ARGUS Website
- ↑ In Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, it is shown that Thomas and Martha Wayne were killed in "1981", around the time that Excalibur was in theatres from April 10, 1981. The Waynes are typically killed on June 26th, so their date of death is June 26, 1981.
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 Sometimes the DC Extented Universe alludes to events which happened in our world, and it is assumed they happened on the same dates in the universe, for timeline purposes.
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)
- ↑ In Fortune - Lex Luthor: Not Just His Father's LexCorp, from October 2015, and set not long before Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice in 2015, it is said that Luthor is "31". This would mean he was born in 1984.
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 16.2 Wonder Woman 1984
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 Time Out Shortlist Gotham and Metropolis
- ↑ 18.00 18.01 18.02 18.03 18.04 18.05 18.06 18.07 18.08 18.09 18.10 18.11 18.12 18.13 Aquaman
- ↑ 19.0 19.1 19.2 19.3 Aquaman: Arthur's Guide to Atlantis
- ↑ Sometimes the DC Extended Universe alludes to people who exists or existed in our world, and it is assumed they were born and died on the same day in the universe, for timeline purposes.
- ↑ 21.0 21.1 This is an event from real world history, referenced in the DC Extended Universe.
- ↑ Estimation based on Amber Heard's age during the filming of Justice League and Aquaman.
- ↑ Estimation based on Mary Elizabeth Winstead's age during the filming of Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn).
- ↑ DAILY PLANET REPORT CLARK KENT KILLED REPORTING GOTHAM BATTLE
- ↑ In Shazam! it's said that Marilyn conceived Billy when she was seventeen in 2004, so she should be born in 1987.
- ↑ Estimation based on Jurnee Smollett-Bell's age during the filming of Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn).
- ↑ Suicide Squad: Behind the Scenes with the Worst Heroes Ever
- ↑ 28.0 28.1 Aquaman: Undertow
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.